Photo

Announcement: Coming off hiatus

9 replies to this topic

#1 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

Those of you who were around when I released the Oversight mod may remember that it came out within a few days after its forum was up, back at Forgotten Wars Projects (wow, that was a while ago). I've come to regret announcing this project earlier in the development process.

I haven't been able to do any work on this in half a year now, even trying different approaches. I hate to make this announcement, but I don't want to play with people's anticipation any more than I already have. I'm asking CamDawg to reclassify this forum and the mod as on hiatus. If and when I announce its reopening, the mod should be about ready to enter Beta.

I apologize to everyone who has been kept waiting way too long for this mod.
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#2 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

I can't say I'm not grieved to see this. But at the end of the day, you have to do what you have to do. At least you have the decency to end the suspense.

Hey, who knows? Maybe once the pressure is off, things will click into place.

In any case, I wish you well in this and in all other endeavors.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Domi

Domi

Where is now your Troy, O Cassandra?

• Gibberlings
  • 12506 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:01 PM

Same here.
Faster. Faster. Faster would be better. -Mal Reynolds, Serenity
I understand that folks prefer code that works. -CamDawg, G3

#4 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3868 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

Finding time to do work to one's own satisfaction can be very hard. Best of luck with things Kish, and hopefully you may find some time in the near future.
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#5 Zireael07

Zireael07
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:35 AM

Four years have passed and nothing? Maybe the author should consider putting it up for adoption or something... I'd love to see it finished.

#6 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Belated as it is, we're back in business, and likely to release this mod sometime in July.

--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#7 Twani

Twani
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Oh, wow.  Ever since seeing you around the forums more, I always quietly hoped you might look at this mod again.

I'm quite eager to see it and play it.  Good luck!

#8 Sergio

Sergio
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Looking forward to this.

#9 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Members
  • 5456 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

That's interesting. Looking forward to see how it is going to work in the game. (Too bad it's Bio NPC only. On the other hand, Kivan will probably close the door of the cabin in PC's face after gruffly saying something like "Don't bother me, city-dwellers, I can handle this on my own". Xan, on the other hand, would probably say: "What is the point? It's a doomed effort anyway.")

#10 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

There's something of a hang-up, so it may not come out in July, but it should be soon; the mod is complete, except that one part of it currently crashes the game.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users