MONK: Monks are warriors who pursue perfection through action as well as contemplation. The key feature of the monk is his ability to fight unarmed and unarmored. Thanks to his rigorous training, he can strike as hard as if he were armed and strike faster than a warrior with a sword.
Though a monk casts no spells, he has a magic of his own. He channels a subtle energy, called ki, which allows him to perform amazing feats, the best known of which is the ability to stun an opponent with an unarmed blow. As a monk gains experience and power, his mundane and ki-oriented abilities grow, giving him more and more power over himself and, sometimes, over others.
Monks may be of any Lawful alignment.
- Gains a +2 bonus to maximum unarmed damage at 1st, 4th, 8th and 12th levels, and a +4 bonus at 16th, 20th and 24th levels.
- Gains a +1 bonus to minimum unarmed damage at 12th and 24 levels.
- Gains 1/2 an extra unarmed attack per round every 3 levels (starts at 3rd level, ends at 18th level with a total of 4 unarmed attacks per round).
- Fists are considered magical weapons at 4th level, +1 at 10th, +2 at 16th, +3 at 22nd, +4 at 28th, +5 at 34th, and +6 at 40th.
- Gains a +1 bonus to all saving throws at 2nd and 9th levels.
- Gains a +2 bonus to saving throws vs. spells at 3rd level.
- Gains a +1 bonus to Armor Class every 5 levels (starts at 5th level).
- Gains a +1 bonus to Armor Class vs. missiles every 3 levels (starts at 2nd level).
- Gains a +1 bonus to movement rate every 3 levels (starts at 3rd level).
- Gains immunity to disease at 5th level.
- Gains immunity to poison at 11th level.
- Gains magic resistance equal to current level + 10 at 13th level.
- Gains immunity to charm at 20th level.
- Gains immunity to non-magical weapons at 20th level.
- May use 'Flurry of Blows' ability at will. The monk gains 1 additional attack per round for the next turn, but also suffers -4 THAC0 penalty. This penalty is reduced to -3 at 5th level, -2 at 9th level, and -1 and 13th level.
- May use 'Stunning Fist' ability once per day per level. All attacks made by the monk in the next round force the victim to save or be stunned. NOTE: this special ability automatically modifies a Monk's normal attack, so no targeting needs to be done.
- May use 'Wholeness of Body' ability once per day at 7th level. The monk heals a number of his own hit points equal to twice his current level.
- May use 'Quivering Palm' ability once per day at 15th level. The monk's next succesful melee attack sets up vibrations in the target's body, causing it to save vs. death or die. NOTE: this special ability automatically modifies a Monk's normal attack, so no targeting needs to be done.
- May use 'Empty Body' ability once per day per level at 19th level. The monk assumes an ethereal state for 1 round, becoming invisible and immune to all damage, but also unable to launch any attack.
- Can Hide In Shadows and Move Silently.
- Can Find Traps.
- Can read clerical scrolls.
- Cannot wear any armor.
- Cannot make use of shields.
- Can only use one-handed weapons available to the thief class.
- Cannot dual-wield.
- May only be proficient with his permitted weapons.
This component does not alter a Monk's HLA table: we strongly suggest using Kish's Oversight mod in combination with Sword and Fist to take advantage of the High Level Abilities.
Edited by Andyr, 16 September 2006 - 01:54 PM.