Java Rewrite Dataloss Bug

4 replies to this topic

#1 igi

IESDP Guardian

• Gibberlings
  • 1208 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

The Java rewrite doesn't work for me.
I can select the source and sink directories, but I can get no other action to occur after that :)

EDIT: Just tried the new version posted today. A small improvement over the last version - I nget get a 0 byte dialog.tlk file after clicking go (the old version didn't even do that).

Edited by igi, 12 July 2006 - 10:28 AM.

#2 Orions_Stardom

• Gibberlings
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

igi, on Jul 13 2006, 04:31 AM, said:

Just tried the new version posted today. A small improvement over the last version - I nget get a 0 byte dialog.tlk file after clicking go (the old version didn't even do that).
Looking into it.
If you run it in a console (java -jar MultiInstall-....jar ), does it print anything?

#3 Orions_Stardom

• Gibberlings
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

Ok, this appears to be a slightly bigger problem than was thought. There appears to be a bug such that MIT will truncate files in your source folder while copying them. Caution comes recommended. Also, with the published version, there's a bug (now fixed locally) that would cause it to complain about running out of memory if you have less than 8GB available.

Edited by Orions_Stardom, 12 July 2006 - 05:36 PM.

#4 Orions_Stardom

• Gibberlings
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:15 AM

I've split these posts and updated the title to suit the now-known nature of the bug. The latest version at http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/Mult...-20060713-1.jar now copies more than dialog.tlk (although you need to create a dummy dialogf.tlk for now), but it still truncates files in the source game.

Edited by Orions_Stardom, 13 July 2006 - 03:48 AM.

#5 Orions_Stardom

• Gibberlings
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

Ok, there's another new version at http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/Mult...-20060713-2.jar . This should fix the bug. Can someone verify this?

The problem was that in GameDir.cloneTo(File sink), I the patching was being applied to the [b]source/[b] file, rather than to the copied file. I've no idea why this would have resulted in a 0-byte file in the sink, but hopefully that won't happen anymore either.

Edited by Orions_Stardom, 13 July 2006 - 03:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users