Photo

Savegame editing

4 replies to this topic

#1 flem

flem
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

Anyone gotten Shadowkeeper to work on a cloned install? NI seems to act strangely with cloned savegames too (can't edit party members); can't recall if this happens on regular-installation saves.

#2 andrewas

andrewas
  • Modders
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

Most likely ShadowKeeper and NI are attempting to access data files in the standard locations, however since a clone installation does not have its own seperate data files they fail.

I'll see if I cant put together some workaround, but I suspect this is not possible without editing the SK and NI programs to suit.

#3 Yovaneth

Yovaneth
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:58 AM

Most likely ShadowKeeper and NI are attempting to access data files in the standard locations, however since a clone installation does not have its own seperate data files they fail.

I'll see if I cant put together some workaround, but I suspect this is not possible without editing the SK and NI programs to suit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SK works perfectly. Just change the settings to point at whichever clone you want to edit - I have two clones+original ATM and SK has no problems with any of them.

-Y-

#4 flem

flem
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

SK works perfectly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe on a complete copy. It's refusing to load my no-data-dirs one.

#5 andrewas

andrewas
  • Modders
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:32 PM

Finaly got some free time to test this, and ShadowKeeper will fail to open an installation without the data files. At the moment, the only workaround I can see would be to move the saves to your original installation for editing, and then back again.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users