Photo

Absence

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Should this mod continue

Should this mod continue

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

Hello everyone!

I am sorry to say that I have had a very busy life and any thoughts about games altogether, let alone Modding have been pushed to the back of my mind. I see that this forum has been kept inactive witch gives me hope and despair at the same time.

I thought that maybe Khayman has been waiting for me to get in touch with him which I have not... yet anyway

or

What if the project has been utterly abandoned?!

I am willing to continue work on this mod now and will NOT abandon it again, however, I must know how many people want to see a mod like this created and also if people such as Khayman still wan't to help. I know I would have given up by now.

I will give my apologies to all who were waiting for this mod to progress regardless.

Edited by Valheru, 09 September 2005 - 02:35 PM.

#2 icelus

icelus

Do you have a flag?

• Modders
  • 1929 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

Argh. Why does everyone feel the need to capitalize the word "mod"?

Anyway, I would bet that you're only going to get people posting to say "yes plz make mod kthnx." You have to decide if you actually want to work on it. If you've lost interest, and Khayman is MIA, then what the public cares is pretty much moot.

Not to be blunt, or anything. :)

#3 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3872 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:08 PM

Icelus has a good point. You have to want to do it for yourself. A good quest mod will always be well recieved and with good plot tit-bits released will be anticipated to. But wanting to do it is very important. :)
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#4 Borsook

Borsook
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

I think we all want more mods. Even if we're not going to play them, it's good to have a wider choice :) . But I must agree with Icelus, maybe you should base the deceision on your wanting or not to do it.

#5 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:31 PM

I would not want to work on something that nobody is going to play, so people's vote would determine whether I 'want' to work on it.

I cannot do this mod by myself either, so I would need other help, if Khayman is missing.

I have made all references to the word mod lowercase!

Edited by Valheru, 09 September 2005 - 02:36 PM.

#6 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Gibberlings
  • 1210 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:07 AM

I'll buck the PC trend of saying "follow your own desires" and say yes intead.
If you have any interest in this mod (presumably you do, else you wouldn't be here in the first place) then develop it.

#7 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:48 AM

Feel free to abandon it.

-Echon

#8 hlidskialf

hlidskialf
  • Fixpackers
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

To quote the everwise Yoda, "Do or do not. There is no try." :p

#9 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

I had a talk with Khayman about Perils of Wisdom before he abandoned it, if I do a Third Path I'm very probably going to do it as a stand-alone or in a Misc Mod component, and with many references to the background framework of my Mod BTL. If you're interested I can PM you the ideas I have for it, or chat on MSN about it, I know Khayman was pretty happy with it, it seems, but I'm not sure about you.

If you need his link to the website on the inner workings of the Cowled Wizards and Shadow Thieves, and a bit on the Twisted Rune, I think I can dig it out from somewhere as well. I probably won't make all that much use of it, I suspect.

So... yeah, that's just my view, I guess. It's probably going to be very different from what you envisaged, though.

Edited by Zyraen, 14 September 2005 - 07:52 AM.

#10 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:57 PM

It is settled, I think many people still want to see a mod like this so I will begin working on it, though it will most likely take about a year to do!

I consider myself an intermediate DLTCEP user but have no experience with weidu whatsoever, so I have much to learn.

If you need his link to the website on the inner workings of the Cowled Wizards and Shadow Thieves, and a bit on the Twisted Rune, I think I can dig it out from somewhere as well. I probably won't make all that much use of it, I suspect.

Thanks I think I already have it, I have read the story basis on 'The Third Way' and although it sounds good I really want a mod that allows you to become a full member of the Cowled Wizards, the excuse will still be similar; "We are sending you to spellhold to kill Irenicus"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users