Oversight FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:54 AM

Q: Are you planning an Oversight for BG1?
A: No. The Oversight mod was written, in large part, because of culture shock. In BG1, all the alignments were carefully and appropriately assigned. In BG2, I wasn't even out of the starting dungeon when I realized something was terribly wrong. If the alignments had been wrong from the beginning of BG1, I would just have accepted it as the way it was--why should I go to the trouble of making them sensible if the writers didn't? But some of the writers did, even if those particular writers weren't around for BG2. I could ramble some more about the differences between BG1 and BG2, but I've used enough words to say "no" by now, I think.

Q: I think something is an oversight in the game. Will you fix it?
A: No. Read here.
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users