Portraits Baldurs Gate BGEE BG1 BG2 Player Portraits

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Edited by Miss Jade, 12 August 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Members
  • 5655 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

It's very interesting. You could also make a portrait pack(with M and S versions) - from what I know, it requires very little modding at all.

EDIT: Almost forgot - added to the modlist/to portrait sites.

Edited by Kulyok, 09 April 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#3 ericp07

ericp07

Journeyman Modder

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hooray for beautiful portraits! These are by far some of the best I've seen, and I've scoured the 'net for portraits (I'm a fiend for high quality fantasy artwork, and very unforgiving particular, for better and for worse). I highly second Kulyok's suggestion to make a portrait pack. In the case of PotP, you might include H versions, as well as M and S, as that would be appropriate, and a simple matter of resizing the M portraits if you don't already have larger versions.

Fantastic work! :)

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.

A female elf warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#4 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for adding this to your mods list!
And thank you for the compliment!

I've been wrestling with turning this into a mod for some time now. It's just funny because once I thought I might go down that path, they announced that BGEE wouldn't share the same L and S sizes as the original game (Just the 210x330) and I was like "NOOOOOOoooooo!".
I figure since I have a buttload more portraits to do, it'll give me time to think if I want to resize them for BG1, 2 and BGEE. Or more like if I feel like doing that once I'm done.
Posted Image

#5 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Updated Potp. Made price adjustments, changed the theme, and created a new gallery for the portraits.
Posted Image

#6 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

New female bard has been added.
Posted Image

#7 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

Added up the last of the Bards! Next Sunday will be the start of the Barbarians.
Posted Image

#8 ericp07

ericp07

Journeyman Modder

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Added up the last of the Bards! Next Sunday will be the start of the Barbarians.

These portraits are almost too beautiful, if that's possible :) Exquisite detail! Have you ever given any thought to making portraits where the character is seen from the waist up, as opposed to a head-and-shoulders shot, for the largest size portraits (330x210)? That would be cool on a galactic scale ;)

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.

A female elf warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#9 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thank you once again for the compliment!

Regarding the waist on up for the portraits: no that won't be found in this portrait pack. That's only because I wanted them to be all shoulders on up so I could really focus on the face. That to me was just something I thought was really important.
But since I have the shop on my site, someone could easily request for waist on up.
Posted Image

#10 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1577 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Nice!
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#11 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thank you, Shaitan!

Also, added up Female Barbarian 1 to the gallery.
Posted Image

#12 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

Great stuff

#13 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thanks Smeagolheart!

And added up Male Barbarian 1 to the gallery.
Posted Image

#14 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Just added up Female Barbarian 2 to the gallery.
Posted Image

#15 Miss Jade

Miss Jade
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Added up Male Barbarian 2 to the gallery.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Portraits, Baldurs Gate, BGEE, BG1, BG2, Player Portraits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users