Appearance bug Halfling/Gnome

5 replies to this topic

#1 Tanner

Tanner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hello,

I noticed a minor problem after creating a gnome character (i tried it many times, just to be sure). Global and paperdoll appearance used in-game are not the the models for gnomes, but for halflings. (cf screenshot)

Just to be sure, i also tried to install some of the 1PP material, in order to see if character model mods work on GemRB, but no changes were to be seen during the game.

I know, it's just a detail, and nothing that prevents to play the game.

My questions are:
Is it possible to fix this problem (or, in which directory are stored the models used by GemRB for the charactersi)?

Or is it a normal behaviour in the actual development state of the project? (well, i know time/limited ressources are often a big issue, i can understand it).

PS:
Gemrb version: 0.70 (from git)
Platform: GNU/Linux (Fedora 16)
Baldur's Gate II version: Gog

And, the most important thing: thanks for the amazing work!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot at 2012-04-05 09:53:45.png

#2 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 1795 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

you can change it by modifying avatars.2da in the gemrb override, but it's a bit tricky to get the right line:
http://iesdp.gibberl...g.htm#character

you can see the used animation id if you ctrl+m on the character. The debug dump in the console will contain the id and bam name.
GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Python tamers needed for iwd2!

#3 Tanner

Tanner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I guess i've understood how it works, after one cup of coffee. And i guess i found the right line too!

Well, I backup/edit/try, and then, tell you how it worked ;)

#4 Tanner

Tanner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

I knew it couldn't be so easy: it doesn't work, but i'm sure i did something wrong, somehow. After Crtl+M on my pc (cleric/thief), i got the following lines in the gemrb console:

Mod[IE_ANIMATION_ID]: 0x6014 ResRef:cifb2

And CIFB2, following for link, gives the following appearance: C/I(Halfling)/F(Female)/B(?) - should maybe be C for cleric/2(Leather) , which is quite logical with what i get in-game :p .

So, i edited the 0x6014 line in the Gemrb override usr/local/share/gemrb/override/bg2/avatars.2da:

AT_1 AT_2 AT_3 AT_4 TYPE SPACE PALETTE SIZE
0x6014 CDFT1 CDFT2 CDFT3 CDFT4 0 2 0 S

With in mind, following the appearance codes: C/D(dwarf/gnome)/F(female)/T(thief) and 1-2-3-4 for the different armor types.
But it doesn't work:

[ResourceManager/ERROR]: Couldn't find 'cdft2g17.bam'.
[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't create animationfactory: cdft2g17 (6014)

The matching .bam files can't be found (but the gnome thief exists in the vanilla BG2). Any ideas about a solution?

Edited by Tanner, 05 April 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#5 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3401 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

You can change the values independently. And there is a cheat key to browse through the different armor levels AND animations.

#6 Tanner

Tanner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

It works partially using the cheats keys. Thanks! :)

But the problem with the gnome character paderdolls seems to be still here, i've been browsing all the possible apparences, but the paperdoll is always the one used for halflings. (in other words, apparently no gnomes in GemRB on my computer)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users