• 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

I don't know if it's official:

http://baldursgate.com/

#2 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

It is totally official, but also totally independent of GemRB. At least now.
From what i know, this is an officially developed original IE (they continue from the ToB branch). They go with Atari and have Hasbro (wotc) license.
It affects GemRB only that we will definitely make adjustments on our own source to support the new dataset.
Most likely we won't have to do much, as they said they didn't change the save game structure and old mods would still run.
There were also declarations of modder support, so they probably at least won't hinder GemRB development and support modders, hopefully they will give info to improve IESDP.

#3 SyntaxError

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

they said they were redoing the interface. I dont know if they are expanding CHU or going with something completely different however.

#4 tracius01

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...es-this-summer/

Update: Beamdog reps tell us that the team at Overhaul is adding "new, original content" to the original game to make up the Enhanced Edition. "This is the Enhanced Edition, it's not a repackage. We have the original source code and are doing a significant update." He also confirms that no platforms have been announced just yet.

Update 2: A Beamdog rep also confirms that the company is self-publishing. Though he wouldn't go into detail regarding the new content, he says that "it's being lovingly crafted in the spirit of the original with the help of some of the original developers." Additionally, Cameron Tofer and Trent Oster have been working on the project ("planning and organizing") for "over a year now." We'll also hear more soon, as the team is planning "regular announcements every week with more details."

#5 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Don't expect much about the 'no platforms have been announced just yet'. It will be 100% Windows (XP or better), with 40% possibility of Mac Intel.
I see negligible possibilities for smartphone or Linux.

#6 SyntaxError

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostAvenger, on 20 March 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Don't expect much about the 'no platforms have been announced just yet'. It will be 100% Windows (XP or better), with 40% possibility of Mac Intel.
I see negligible possibilities for smartphone or Linux.

I concur with your findings. It would require way more effort to make a touchscreen friendly interface. Too many things rely on mouse hover actions etc.

#7 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Actually now i read: ... "We're adding #iPad as a platform"

#8 SyntaxError

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

well so much for all my hard work :p

#9 berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8591 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostAvenger, on 22 March 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

And one recruitable NPC to BG1-ToSC. Wonder what they've got in mind there. Unless they're adding BG1 NPC and haven't told anyone, there isn't really enough NPC content in vanilla BG1 to justify making a new recruitable. Would the game be richer for having 27 mostly-silent NPCs instead of 26?
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#10 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

View Postberelinde, on 22 March 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostAvenger, on 22 March 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

And one recruitable NPC to BG1-ToSC. Wonder what they've got in mind there. Unless they're adding BG1 NPC and haven't told anyone, there isn't really enough NPC content in vanilla BG1 to justify making a new recruitable. Would the game be richer for having 27 mostly-silent NPCs instead of 26?
Maybe they are also adding content :D
By the way, I thought there is an engine limit of 24 NPCs.

#11 SyntaxError

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

I imagine a big reason to add an NPC is because there are class voids that need filling when using the ToB engine that has classes not available originally. Even in BG2/ToB there are annoying voids. no monk or sorc NPCs while there are an abundance of fighter/thief/mages

#12 berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8591 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostAvenger, on 22 March 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Maybe they are also adding content :D
By the way, I thought there is an engine limit of 24 NPCs.
No engine limit that I know of. Vanilla BG1 has more than that (26), and I've never had a problem adding Gavin or Finch to the line-up. Heck, if you're playing on a Mega, it's possible to have more than than that many NPC mods installed.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#13 Andreal

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

http://uk.wireless.i.../1221334p1.html

Pinch to zoom? Great :)

Edited by Andreal, 23 March 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#14 pka4916

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ will include the entire Baldur’s Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure and new party member.

Your ultimate destiny, now in your grasp

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ will be available on the Apple App Store in summer 2012. For all information visit www.baldursgate.com.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users