Photo

Adding voice to NPC

3 replies to this topic

#1 Haplo

Haplo
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Since is my first mod and the first version of it, I'm trying to use the Game sounds for my NPC (Male001,ect...)

Now, they appear as a .Wav tho it seems to me they're compressed somehow because the size is no more than 6kb or 10kb or 8kb, and from another mod that I've download uncompressed they look like 20kb or 25kb.

The thing is that WeiDU install the mod perfectly, but when playing the sounds won't play, could it be that even if the game sound files appear as .Wav they are actually .Ogg and I need that program to decompress??

#2 ericp07

ericp07

Journeyman Modder

• Members
  • 1262 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

If you examine the file properties of any of those sound files, that should tell you what the format truly is. Then, you'll know if they need to be converted or not. The bit depth and sampling rate are also important (if memory serves, they need to be mono, too).

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.

A female elf warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4715 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

You'll need acm2wav to play them in Near Infinity - most of them are wavc files (but still with a .wav extension). This is the game's native format (see the IESDP) and better than .ogg as OGG compression is lossy.
Mod Contributions
Aurora (new release!) * BG1 NPC * Gnomes * Haiass * Level 1 NPCs * Lost Items * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * In Progress: Adjusted Portraits * DSotSC (Tutu)
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * PSPad Highlighters * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Wherefore do ye toil; is it not that ye may live and be happy? And if ye toil only that ye may toil more,
when shall happiness find you?" -H.P. Lovecraft, The Quest of Iranon

#4 Haplo

Haplo
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Cool, thanks guys :)

I'll look into it

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users