• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4749 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Aka "2012 Doomsday Alignment" (oh wait, that's later in the year... :p).

Aka "Venus and Jupiter in bed together" (oh yuck, that's incest... :p).

Anyway, kept wondering what I was seeing in the sky, though I'm not much of an astronomy buff. Had to scroll through a whole page of crackpot links to figure out what it is. If you're in the northern hemisphere, you can see the two brightest planets almost right next to each other in another week. In another two weeks (around the 25th), you can catch both planets, the moon and the Pleiades all within the same part of the sky. I've seen this even when nothing else is visible due to light, smog, etc.
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#2 Dakk

Dakk
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the great link! I had also noticed the "headlights" in the sky earlier this week but didn't think to research it.

#3 Haplo

Haplo
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Awesome :)

I do like astronomy and all related to it, like science research about space stuff, thanks for the info!!!

#4 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3874 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Nice, thanks for the info Miloch. I had noticed two bright stars together out in the west, but hadn't really thought about it. Now that I know what they are, I might see if I can try and train my somewhat poor magnification tubes upon it and see what can be seen with Jupiter and venus so close.
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#5 EiriktheScald

EiriktheScald
  • Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

And in case you missed the tansit this month...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users