Limiting summon animal to just 1 animal

3 replies to this topic

#1 Firebringer2

Firebringer2
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Greetings all,
I'm creating a kit ability that lets the user summon a spirit animal, just like the totem druid. My question is, how do I change the totem druid's ability, 'SPCL621', such that it will only ever summon 1 max of the animal? Right now, it seems to be following the 'Summon Animals' behavior of summoning a random 1-3 animals. I just want one to be summoned every time.

Thanks!

Firebringer

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4749 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Check spirsumm.eff, spirsumm.2da and the actual .cre files that 2da calls. I think you'd need to chance the cumulated level (parameter 1) in the .eff and possibly the summoning cap (power level) in the summoned .cre files. There's an "easier" alternative if you're doing a kit overhaul. Just change spcl621.spl to *not* call spirsumm.eff and instead summon just 1 animal, like 25% for 1 of each kind or whatever you want.
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#3 Firebringer2

Firebringer2
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the info Miloch. I changed my version of spcl621 to summon the single animal. I then layered increasingly tougher animals across several .2DA files, each requiring a higher level to summon, a la Animate Dead. I'm basically making a bear shaman that summons a long lasting, single bear that gets increasingly tougher as the caster levels up.

Thanks again for your advice.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4749 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

In theory, you might just be able to use extra headers in the .spl file to do your levels instead of 2das. There are a lot of vanilla spells that do this.
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users