Change the color of the monk shoulderpads?

monk shoulder color

3 replies to this topic

#1 Firebringer2

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hey all,
I'm trying to figure out how to change the default dull brown color of the monk's shoulderpads. Is there a file anywhere that controls colors for different body sections of the various race/class combinations? BTW I'm running Big World Project 9.10 on Windows 7, if that helps.

Thanks,

Firebringer

#2 Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4704 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

It is paletted (chmm*.bam series or something) so if you can't change it through the game interface, you can change it on one of the bytes in the .chr/.cre file - probably leather at 0x30 or something.
Mod Contributions
Aurora (new release!) * BG1 NPC * Gnomes * Haiass * Level 1 NPCs * Lost Items * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * In Progress: Adjusted Portraits * DSotSC (Tutu)
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * PSPad Highlighters * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Wherefore do ye toil; is it not that ye may live and be happy? And if ye toil only that ye may toil more,
when shall happiness find you?" -H.P. Lovecraft, The Quest of Iranon

#3 Firebringer2

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Miloch,
Thanks for the reply. I just found the 'leather' palette spot ShadowKeeper. One of the colors caused a .cpp assertion CTD when I loaded that saved game, but another one SEEMS to be ok. I'm not sure if I need to press the 'Set Value' button in ShadowKeeper to get the change to work properly or not. Now I'm wondering if I didn't hit 'Set Value' on the color change that caused the .cpp assertion CTD, then did press it on the one that worked. Might have to test that out.

Thanks again,

Firebringer

#4 Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4704 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Some colours above a certain range will crash erratically, but the ones listed in the IESDP should be ok.
Mod Contributions
Aurora (new release!) * BG1 NPC * Gnomes * Haiass * Level 1 NPCs * Lost Items * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * In Progress: Adjusted Portraits * DSotSC (Tutu)
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * PSPad Highlighters * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Wherefore do ye toil; is it not that ye may live and be happy? And if ye toil only that ye may toil more,
when shall happiness find you?" -H.P. Lovecraft, The Quest of Iranon

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users