Installation difficulty

2 replies to this topic

#1 Satyricon331

Satyricon331
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi,

I've been having problems installing SCS. Before I install the mod, Tutu will run fine, but if I install the mod - even just the Initialise component - then when I try to open Tutu, I get a popup saying "Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn - Throne of Bhaal has stopped working."

Here's my Weidu log. Unless I've made a mistake the mods are in the order given on this thread. If it's relevant, I tried installing v19 instead, and it also gave me this same problem.

Spoiler

Many thanks, and sorry for the nuisance.

#2 plainab

plainab

Sasha al'Therin

• Members
  • 1717 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

not sure exactly but if i read the readme right SCS installs ToBex with is another 'mod' which makes modifications to the executable but it only works for the fully patched ToB exe. if you don't have ToB or didn't fully patch then installing SCS may cause the problem you describe.

6A: Initialise component

This component is required for almost all other components
This component does various setup tasks needed by most other components in SCS. You won't directly notice what it does, but it fixes a few bugs and extends the game's capabilities to allow the rest of SCS to function correctly. (For experts: it installs Detectable Spells and (on Windows installs) ToBEx, makes magic items detectable, modifies weapons so that the script engine can detect their enchantment level, fixes the bugged Spell Shield spell, reconfigures area-effect spells so that Mirror Image doesn't block them, prevents casting from being disrupted by zero-damage attacks, fixes the Beregost bug, and installs a collection of low-level tweaks and fixes to creature statistics.)
(Advanced users who find my mods slightly too good at detecting items may wish to experiment with setting AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items to 1 in scs/scs.ini; this isn't recommended, though.)

If that's not the issue then I've no clue cause I don't use SCS since it doesn't work on the original BG/BG:ToTSC
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#3 Satyricon331

Satyricon331
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks, plainab. My BG2 installation does have the ToB patch, so no luck there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users