Chapter 4: Maze under Spellhold (Giant Statue won't open its mouth!)

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ninogan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

I've been playing through Baldur's Gate II with ToB installed without errors so far and I recently got to Chapter 4 where you need to acquire Dace's Hand as well as a Crystal Shard from the crystal that the kobolds worship. With these items this big statue in the shape of a head is supposed to open its mouth so you can pass through to the exit. I talk to the statue and he gives me the message saying that the way is open but the mouth isn't opening and I can't pass through. Very annoying and I have no clue how to get through this now. Anyone know of a workaround?

Here is my WeiDu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

And here's a screenshot of the statute confirming the way is open but the mouth still being closed: http://i.imgur.com/xiYNL.png

#2 Ninogan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

Solved it by enabling the debug mode and using CTRL+J to teleport my party behind the statue. I hope it won't mess up future things now though :/

#3 hook71

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Sounds like this could solve it for you as well. Something buggy here I guess if some fixpacker would like to check it out. ;)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users