[Fixed in v2] bug reports for v1.9

8 replies to this topic

#1 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

Let us know of any bug-related discoveries from version 1.9 in this thread.
Der Tag beginnt in der Mittel am Nacht, immer. -- Peter Wendl
================================================================
Community Contributions
a directory of Mega-Installation Guides * Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision

#2 hook71

hook71
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Some minor typos.

setup.tra:

@121100 = ~Mazzy Fenton~

Fenton -> Fentan

@121300 = ~Nalia De'Arnise~

De'Arnise -> de'Arnise

@121500 = ~Viconia De'Vir~

De'Vir -> DeVir

@125001 = ~C£Choinneach not found~

C£Choinneach -> CuChoinneach

#3 Nilfalasiel

Nilfalasiel
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

^ Got another one for that list.

When you install Lvl1 NPCs for BG2, it skips Khalid in the list (obviously), but the text in WeiDU reads:

SKIPPING: [Khalid]
Yeslick not found
Game reviews by Yours Truly: http://mysst.satrapov.net

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4750 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

As for "C£Choinneach" in the code, it gets reported in the WeiDU/DOS window as "CúChoinneach" (or should anyway). As for the others, I am guessing you did your research so will investigate and correct if and when I get the chance, cheers.
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Members
  • 5642 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Most definitely not a bug, but:

you only can install changes for BG2 NPC mods like Xan, Tiax, Kivan etc if you choose "BG1 NPC" component. I think it's got a strong anti-idiot component, i.e. confuses the player(yep, including me).

It would be okay if one could just say RTFM, BUT the readme says nothing about "Hey, all NPCs originally from BG1(for example: Ajantis, Kivan, Xan) are in BG1 NPC component, don't search for them among BG2 NPCs!" - or maybe something more understandable.
Seeing how the readme mentions Refinements and lots of other uninteresting stuff for us girls who just want to make Kivan a plain ranger but skips this important fact, I must ask: please, add it to the readme in the next version, preferably in the components section right after List party-joinable NPCs component.

#6 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

I must ask: please, add it to the readme in the next version, preferably in the components section right after List party-joinable NPCs component.

It will be done.

The ReadMe needs an update anyway, so look for the changes in the next mod-update.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4750 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

Typos and readme omission fixed locally. Also incorporated the the bigg's kit.ids corrections.

Really? You're all telling me there's *no* other bugs in v1.9, just a few typos? I know there are a few other posts here since the last release, but the few I looked at either amounted to user error or lacked enough data (e.g. a WeiDU.log) to reproduce the alleged issues (or I'd already fixed the issues locally).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3833 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

Well, there was a report(several I believe) that if you select to uninstall an NPC component, that the proceeding NPC components would give you the option to choose the weidu standard "No changes" -option in them, but it would still lead into needing to reinsert the choices.

Honestly, I don't know how to fix that. Maybe an auto insertion NPC variable -library, but it will be a horror to make ...

Yeah, it would be better just to avoid reinstalls. It's far more worth to make the mod compatible with the Enhanced Editions than a feature that most users might not find a use for.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 October 2014 - 11:02 PM.

Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

It should be ready after dinner yes. :)

Quoted for Demivrgvs 5000th post.

#9 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

That was my report. I believe L1NPCs installs alphabetically; so if I want to change, say, Aerie before a new playthrough, I will run setup-L1NPCs.exe (or whatever), hit No change, No change, etc. until Aerie. I will Reinstall Aerie with my new values, and then be asked about Branwen. I will press No change but the mod will act as if I had pressed Reinstall, asking me about Branwen, and every one else I modified right through Yoshimo, forcing me re-input any changes (from memory, which is hard).

It's not the end of the world, just a PITA.

Edited by subtledoctor, 23 October 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Scaaales of Balaaaance!  Post-hac tweaks and kits for BG2, ToB, BGT, TuTu, BGEE, and BG2EE.
http://forum.baldurs...d-tweaks#latest

Easy Weidu Launcher for OS X:  stop messing around in Terminal - double-click the Launcher, choose a mod, and go!

http://forum.baldurs...for-os-x#latest

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users