Jump to content


Some spells not updating


3 replies to this topic

#1 simple796

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hello all, first post on this site! I'm having a slight problem with this mod.

I've installed it, and started a new file. Most spells have updated correctly, while some haven't changed at all. My druid main & Jaehria have some new spells as expected (Flame Strike, Ice Storm, Sunscorch, etc), most others have changed (Entangle, Stoneskin, Cure spells, etc), but certain spells, like Armor of Faith and Barkskin, hasn't changed at all. The same thing happend with a few Arcane spells, as well, mainly Chromatic Orb. I've kept some spells the same before I entered in the mod with the /* */ thing, but not those spells. Worst of all, when I Shadow Keep and add in scrolls, the scrolls are the updated spells! Only the spellbook itself refuses to change.

I have installed all official patches, I have Throne of Bhaal as well. As for mods, I'd downloaded the Fixpack, Level1 NPCs (though all I did with that was loosen the weapon proficencies, I did not change any NPCs), the Refinements mods, and Unfinished Business.

#2 Demivrgvs

    The Laughing Man

  • Modders
  • 4814 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

Quote

Hello all, first post on this site! I'm having a slight problem with this mod.
You're welcome. Let's hope I can help you! :)

Ideally the best way to track this issue down is to do a change-log as described here. If you can't, then I'd at least need your weidu log to know what you installed after SR. Refinements shouldn't really affect spells (only HLAs) but I stopped using UB so long ago that I don't recall if it affects spells in any way (probably not).

#3 Dakk

  • Members
  • 695 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

Also, please post the contents of the file WeiDu.txt in your game directory here, between spoiler-tags.
Spoiler


#4 simple796

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I thank you all for posting, and I also apologize for not responding in kind, but my internet was out for a while.

As it turns out, I managed to figure out the issue. I had the game installed in my Program Files directory, and since that section needs permission to do almost anything, some spells weren't updated properly. I uninstalled, then reinstalled the game to my Downloads section, where there will be less friction. So far, so good, but I'll post again if anything happens.

Thank you all for your help!




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users