Vampyre mist form invincible

9 replies to this topic

#1 SFJake

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

I apologize if I don't care to participate in the bugs topic, since the issue was kind of pointed out already but nobody answered.

I'm in the old crypt, where you fight a so called Vampyre. He turns to mist, and then he's invincible.

SImple, uh? No magic will ever touch him, and he's invincible to +5 weapons (which I had to cheat to even try them). He stays like this forever.

Quite game breaking. I have no intention of reinstalling everything and taking 2 hours of my time for that. How would I fix that or whats the issue? I'm ready to use NearInfinity or anything to fix it if I must, I don't care, I just want to know how to fix it. I tried, but I have no idea how to change his immunity in his mist form.

#2 DavidW

• Gibberlings
  • 4112 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

- what other mods do you have installed?
- what does he actually do once he's changed into mist form?
- what is your party?

(You should be able to "fix it" just by using the cheat console, incidentally - I don't think he's flagged as unkillable. But obviously I'm interested to know what the cause is.)

#3 SFJake

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

In my rage I forgot to tell.

Installed in this order:

BG2 Fix Pack V9
Unfinished Business v19
Ascension 1.4.24
NPC Flirt Pack
IEP Extended Banters v4
Imoen Friendship v2
Mazzy Friendship v2
Viconia Friendship v3
Yoshimo Friendship v3
BG2 Tweaks v9
SCS II v20
Fog of War Remover

Do I need a more specific list than that? I know some people post a complete list of every single option, not sure how to do this if its necessary.

In mist form, he still attacks, he seems to "teleport" behind my caster at least once, and he keeps trying to charm my team, as well.

Edited by SFJake, 20 January 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#4 Dakk

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

No need to rage about a bug in a optional to install mod downloaded for free made by an author in his spare time. :) Just keep your cool and DavidW will help you track down the cause - and, incidentally, try to fix it so it won't happen other players.

To post your entire list of installed components, open up the file WeiDU.txt in your game directory and copy/paste the content within
[spoiler] [/spoiler]
tags.

Spoiler

Edited by Dakk, 20 January 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#5 SFJake

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostDakk, on 20 January 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

No need to rage about a bug in a optional to install mod downloaded for free made by an author in his spare time. :)

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect, just that I was mad. I understand bug slips through especially when lots of different mods are included. I was just frustrated at the situation and my inability to fix it.

Here is my WeiDu.log.

Spoiler

#6 DavidW

• Gibberlings
  • 4112 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Odd.

The intended behaviour is that he should turn into gaseous form, disappear (with a message like "fades into mist"), reappear behind you, and return to human (well, bipedal) form. It looks as if the spell to turn him back isn't being applied for some reason. I can't immediately see how this could have arisen (your set of mods looks harmless).

Is it reproducible? i.e. if you reload and come back to the area, does it persist?

I'll have to do some tests. In the meantime, unless something is very wrong you should just be able to kill him with the CTRL-Y console cheat. I should do that in order to carry on with your game.

(No offence taken, incidentally. Critical bugs are going to happen every now and again in a mod like this, but it's fair enough to be frustrated by them.)

#7 SFJake

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostDavidW, on 20 January 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Is it reproducible? i.e. if you reload and come back to the area, does it persist?
Yes, every single time, even from a save before entering this area.

I managed to find out that he does not transform if I only bring one character to him, so I dealt with him so. I'm always wary of cheating through an opponent, you never know what could go wrong.

I was also afraid that this would occur again with other vampires, though I'm not there yet. I'm hoping this isn't the case :p

#8 DavidW

• Gibberlings
  • 4112 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostSFJake, on 20 January 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

I was also afraid that this would occur again with other vampires, though I'm not there yet. I'm hoping this isn't the case :p

It's not something I've had reported (as far as I know) elsewhere, so I'm guessing it's something specific. (Though, it could be that the "something specific" is something about your party in particular.

If it happens again, then unless you're feeling very patient and want to help me debug it, I'd uninstall the component. You can do that mid-game without incident.

#9 SFJake

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

I just kept playing, for now. Some possibly relevant issues:

-A vampire under Windspear (either Elder or Ancient Vampire, I forgot which sadly, but there was only 1 of them) had the same problem as above occur. However, I found out that you can just CTRL + R on them to bring them back to their normal state and kill them. He didn't transform again.

-I just got out from the boat at that Spellhold island, Saemon is a traitor blabla, sends vampires after me. Those vampires were in bat form, their circle remained blue, and they disappeared. No fighting occurred, the game proceeded as if they were killed.

I've had no other anomalies at all in my game otherwise. Vampires are always the one acting strangely.

Edited by SFJake, 25 January 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#10 roshan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

I had the same bug with the vampire at the crypt - he turned to mist and then became invincible. But when I reloaded an earlier game and restarted the battle, it was fine, he didn't turn into mist.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users