Scripting issues

No replies to this topic

#1 Isewein

Isewein
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hello,
first I have to thank this community for their incredibly well done work. I'm enjoying the Bishop Romance very much in my current playthrough.
Coming to the point:
I'm writing my own little dialogue additions at the moment (unfortunately in German ;)) and include your mod into it. I went without unsolvable problems so far. Maybe I haven't searched enough, but I have tried anything that came to my mind:
I'm trying to change the Vigil Cutscene to the effect that, depending on variables, either Bishop, Shandra or Neeshka will show up. That works well. But the trigger for the conversation after fighting the assassins doesn't and I can't imagine why.
I've figured out that, in all likelihood, the badboy is the 20a_start_vigil2.script. It doesn't seem to accept more than two "paragraphs".
Example:

// 20a_start_vigil2

// This is a custom script to be executed upon the death of the Luskan assassins
// in Solace Glade. Should resurrect Shandra and start a the second vigil conversation.

// EPF 7/12/06
//DS - modified for Bishop's romance

#include "ginc_ipspeaker"

void main()
{
object oPC = GetOwnedCharacter(GetFactionLeader(GetFirstPC()));
object oShandra = GetNearestObjectByTag("shandra",oPC);
object oBishop = GetNearestObjectByTag("bishop",oPC);
object oNeeshka = GetNearestObjectByTag("neeshka",oPC);

if ((GetGlobalInt("neevigil")==1))

{
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectResurrection(),oNeeshka);
CreateIPSpeaker("20_pt_vigil_speak", "20_cs_vigil2", GetLocation(oNeeshka));
}

else if ((GetGlobalInt("bisvigil")==1))

{
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectResurrection(),oBishop);
CreateIPSpeaker("20_pt_vigil_speak", "20_cs_vigil2", GetLocation(oBishop));
}

else

{
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectResurrection(),oShandra);
CreateIPSpeaker("20_pt_vigil_speak", "20_cs_vigil2", GetLocation(oShandra));
}
}

As you can see, I try to do it using the "else if" command. This seems to be the problem, for if I remove the bishop part, Neeshka works fine (and vice versa). Don't worry about the two variables, they are set in the preceding conversation and likely aren't the problem, because, as said above, both Neeshka and Bishop work well singularily if I remove the other paragraph.

I hope you can follow me despite my bad English and maybe give some hints whether I am blind or this is strange ;).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users