I am cautiously optimistic that version 7 is recreationally playable, but it's definitely still a beta. Basically all the bugs noticed in testing version 6 are now fixed, but there will no doubt still be others lurking.
You can download the mod here. (Be warned: it's about 20 MB.) To install:
- Ensure that you're running Windows (the mod doesn't work for Mac or *nix)
- Ensure that you have a full (and preferably unmodded) install of BG2, including ToB, and with the latest patch
- Ensure that you have a full (and preferably unmodded) install of IWD, including both Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster (the converter doesn't work without both)
- Run the mod executable (preferably as an administrator or with UAC turned off, if you're on Vista or later) and enter a new directory for the mod to be installed in
- After a minute or two, you will be prompted to enter the path of your BG2 install; do so
- After another minute or two, you will be prompted to enter the path of your IWD install; do so
- Go and have a coffee or something, as the rest of the install process will take fifteen minutes or so
- Look downthread and download and run the latest version of the fixpack/tweakpack
- Run the game by running BGMain.exe, in your IWD-in-BG2 directory.[/font][/color]
Note that if you want to create more than one character yourself (rather than playing with the basic NPCs included in the fixpack/tweakpack, or with Kulyok's Icewind Dale NPC mod), you should
- save immediately after starting the game
- move your savegame folder from the MPSAVE folder to the SAVES folder
- reload your savegame in single-player mode
Edited by CamDawg, 08 July 2013 - 08:56 AM.