Photo

Fixpack and Tactics mod

2 replies to this topic

#1 HRose

HRose
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

It was suggested to me that the Tactics-weidu mod should be installed BEFORE the fixpack (that in BGT install order would mean before everything else).

But on the Fixpack readme there are no mentions of Tactics and the instruction say that when in doubt the fixpack should be installed before everything else.

So I wonder if there are known consequences for installing Tactics after the Fixpack. It was mentioned to me that there may be bugs because Tactics overwrites things and so overwrites the fixpack fixes too, but in that specific case I have already installed a "creature fixer" and it also means that the bugs must be contained in the Tactics modules.

Anyway, are there known problems for this?

#2 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4120 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm not aware of anything specific, either way around.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4720 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

As you say, Tactics overwrites files, the Fixpack does not (and patches them to fix them), hence why people recommend installing mods like Tactics first. The Creature Fixer is not going to fix issues with spells, items, etc., and it is unlikely to fix every issue with all creatures (it just looks for specific issues that are likely to cause crashes - more of a band-aid solution than a fixpack).
Mod Contributions
Aurora (new release!) * BG1 NPC * Gnomes * Haiass * Level 1 NPCs * Lost Items * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * In Progress: Adjusted Portraits * DSotSC (Tutu)
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * PSPad Highlighters * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Wherefore do ye toil; is it not that ye may live and be happy? And if ye toil only that ye may toil more,
when shall happiness find you?" -H.P. Lovecraft, The Quest of Iranon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users