I am looking for three groups of beta-testers.
- Romance - Players should run the ToB romance with Gavin. Apart from a single romance-kill for Anomen that occurs in dialogue, there are no romance kill scripts in place. For your beta playthrough, at least, please don't multi-romance. The Master Wraith encounter and other romance-specific dialogues typically occur for only one NPC. Apart from that, have fun. Please be aware that NPC-initiated flirts aren't implemented yet and place-holders replace player-initiated pillow talk (hopefully, these are at least marginally amusing). The PID menu is still under construction, but it's functional. Full-length NPC-initiated night talks are in place.
- Friendship - Players should run through ToB with Gavin in the party as it suits them. Leaving/rejoining dialogues should work, and if Gavin is kicked from the party, he shouldn't comment on events he didn't witness. If he does, it's a bug.
- Others - Players should install the mod and not recruit Gavin. Several bugs in BG2 Gavin occurred because I got sloppy with the code for instances when Gavin isn't in the party. I want to avoid that happening again, so I'm looking for players who will install the mod and never recruit the guy. If you go this route, please drop in once your have completed your playthrough to report your success.
- One SoA-only player to test-install the mod. It should install OK.
- Gavin ToB is a complete mod! Do not attempt to install Gavin ToB without first uninstalling and deleting all previous versions of Gavin for BG2!
- This is a beta. Principal dialogues have been alpha-tested, but I have not pursued every route through every dialogue. I need to know about dialogue loops, illogical conversation flow, and the dreaded NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS.
- Please report all stutter, even if you don't think it's Gavin's fault. By stutter, I mean that one NPC turns to face the PC or moves toward the NPC. To see if you have stutter, direct the NPC to walk some distance away. If the NPC makes it to the destination, there is no stutter. If the NPC halts before the destination is reached, there is stutter. I have a post-installation mod to diagnose stutter, but there isn't any reason to play with that on all the time. Stutter is NOT the same as lag. Lag is where EVERYBODY slows down and movements are jerky. Lag is usually caused by trying to install too many mods.
- Because this is a beta, I do not recommend installing it on a mega. Mega-mods take ages to build and rely on installation order extensively. Let's not go there until Gavin's ToB content is out of beta.
- You may be asked to update your installation to a new version at some point. Keeping Gavin at the end of your installation will minimize headaches. At the very least, romance players have the updated PID and PC-initiated night talks to look forward to.
Edited by berelinde, 25 November 2011 - 03:03 AM.