Widescreen Android problems

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tufty1974_*

Guest_tufty1974_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

Can someone give me an idea as to what I am doing wrong please!

I can get GemRB to load BG+TOTSC quite happily on my Asus Transformer, provided I don't want to change the resolution. I. ran the latest version of the Widescreen mod on the installation before I transferred it to the tablet, but Gehenna I set my gemrb.cfg file to 1280x800 (which is the native Res on my Asus and the setting I chose in the widescreen mod) it bombs back to my homescreen.

The alogcat output has an error message saying No Video Mode Large Enough For 1280x800, which is really confusing given that it's the resolution of my device! I have tried both options in the widescreen mod when it asks if I want to output for the original IE or for GemRB, it makes no difference to the error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to try next?

Thanks!

#2 Guest_tufty1974_*

Guest_tufty1974_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

That should say "when I" not "Gehenna" by the way, finger trouble!

#3 SyntaxError

SyntaxError
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

Sounds familiar. try searching the forum for that error.

I believe that it either a limitation of android SDL or one of SDLs dependancies. possibly a memory shortage?

#4 Guest_tufty1974_*

Guest_tufty1974_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

I believe that it either a limitation of android SDL or one of SDLs dependancies. possibly a memory shortage?

Fixed it!

I searched again, I did it last night and found this post, but ignored it because it appeared that the OP hadn't run widescreen mod:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=21905

however reading it more fully this morning, I noticed that Avenger had pointed out the line:

"Physical screen resolution is 1024x600, virtual screen 1024x600"

I looked though my alogcat output and found that although my screen res is 1280x800, the Honeycomb bar at the bottom takes up some pixels, GemRB reported a screen size of 1280x752. I re-ran widescreen mod and voila! All is good.

Thanks for prompting me to search again!

#5 gamerdadx

gamerdadx
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

I know this thread is a bit old but I hope someone is able to help anyway.

I have the same problems as the OP, and my question is what to set resolution to in widescreen mod. 1280x800 or 1280x752? I am guessing 1280x752 but sometimes these things are not so obvious,

Other question is if I can safely ignore the max resolution parameter in the widescreen mod.

Thanks

#6 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

Yes, you cannot set the screen size bigger than the OS gives to GemRB.
If you have a "Honeycomb bar at the bottom" or something similar as written in the previous notes, it will eat some screen space.
Setting newer versions of GemRB to full screen might be able to remove these button bars, thus you can use the whole screen for gemrb.
In any case, you must set widescreen to the maximum available screen size if using full screen, or less than the maximum available screen size if using windowed mode.

#7 Randomsanity

Randomsanity
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

Fixed it!

I searched again, I did it last night and found this post, but ignored it because it appeared that the OP hadn't run widescreen mod:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=21905

however reading it more fully this morning, I noticed that Avenger had pointed out the line:

"Physical screen resolution is 1024x600, virtual screen 1024x600"

I looked though my alogcat output and found that although my screen res is 1280x800, the Honeycomb bar at the bottom takes up some pixels, GemRB reported a screen size of 1280x752. I re-ran widescreen mod and voila! All is good.

Thanks for prompting me to search again!

Sorry to hijack your thread but how do you go about finding the correct reported screen resolution for your specific device? My log gives me no such information.

Thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users