IF
Global("color","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StaticPalette("MSLI_OC",Myself)
SetGlobal("color","LOCALS",1)
END

The script is compiled without error, but the creature isn't re-palleted

if i add a "DisplayStringHead" action, the text is displayed, so the bloc work. So, is there a secret with the 341, or is this action doesn't working at all ?

French modder of a kit pack : Deratiseur_Unused_Kits_Pack_0.9.8 RFT for TOB / BGT / BGEE / BG2EE

#2 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

That's only for animation objects, I think (it modifies the palette field in ToB area animations).

Creature BAM palette substitutions are hardcoded to the animation slot; there's no game method for changing them.

Edited by devSin, 07 October 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#3 deratiseur

deratiseur
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

OK, thanks

:)

French modder of a kit pack : Deratiseur_Unused_Kits_Pack_0.9.8 RFT for TOB / BGT / BGEE / BG2EE

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4750 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

You could probably achieve what you want with Polymorph() or ChangeAnimation() instead.
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#5 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

That was in my post, but I reread and saw he wanted to color a spider with the slime palette.

Probably he can just use spells/items with one of the RGB tints, although it'll look fuglier than a custom palette would have.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4750 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

Probably he can just use spells/items with one of the RGB tints, although it'll look fuglier than a custom palette would have.

Yes, it will glow in the dark or in the light depending on which opcode you use (#51 or #52). I did this with a brownish tint on a spider originally (to make a myrlochar) but ended up repaletting it via BAM Batcher and Infinity Animations to get a less fugly effect.
Posted Image
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#7 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3406 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

Yep, the original IE is quite hard coded regarding animations, even animation palettes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users