Any chance to get a v7 soon?

23 replies to this topic

#16 masterpoobaa

masterpoobaa
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

I too would love to get my grubby paws on v7 :O)
Having a ball now with v6, and my Multiclass specific mods - despite the bugs.

#17 Dakk

Dakk
  • Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

Well it's coming! :)

I'm two or three days from releasing version 7, so I'm going to request that people who want to test the mod wait until it's out. (There are some reasonably significant bugs in v6 that are fixed in v7, so I'd rather not waste your time with them.)

(my italics)
Now, if it takes Mr. W two or three weeks instead, I can wait for the good stuff. :D

#18 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4154 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Well, what do you know: I actually make one of my own provisional release times...

Version 7 is now out.

#19 masterpoobaa

masterpoobaa
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

DavidW,

You are TEH AWESOMESAUCE! :O)
If only I wasn't stuck at work - Itching to get home and install it!

#20 masterpoobaa

masterpoobaa
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

Installing v7 as I type.
Had some issues to start off with, seems for some odd reason my IWD original install was missing files? Too much copying from one drive to another i suspect.

Character creation screens have been cleaned up, no problems with kits, items all good, looks much more polished.
Nice Job DavidW!

urk. The fixpack. Cant remember which weapon proficiency models I should use - or used in the past. It borks my savegames if I get it wrong.

Edited by masterpoobaa, 29 December 2011 - 11:56 PM.

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3840 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

The fixpack. Cant remember which weapon proficiency models I should use - or used in the past. It borks my savegames if I get it wrong.

I wouldn't go and use the old versions saves in the new one, simply because the dialog.tlk gets new strings and that means every string gets new references ... just start from a clean install and you'll do fine... as always in BG2 mod installations.
Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

It should be ready after dinner yes. :)

Quoted for Demivrgvs 5000th post.

#22 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4154 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

The fixpack. Cant remember which weapon proficiency models I should use - or used in the past. It borks my savegames if I get it wrong.

I wouldn't go and use the old versions saves in the new one, simply because the dialog.tlk gets new strings and that means every string gets new references

Not correct. Any string in IWD has a fixed string reference in IWD-in-BG2, and won't have changed between v6 and v7. The converter adds maybe six strings total and none of them are stored in the savegame.

On the other hand, if you were using other mods (even the NPC component of the Fixpack/Tweakpack) then you might well have dialog.tlk issues. (Even then, you could work around them by copying dialog.tlk from your IWD-in-BG2 v6 install over to your BG2 install before running the v7 converter.)

#23 Dakk

Dakk
  • Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

Well, what do you know: I actually make one of my own provisional release times...

Version 7 is now out.

Whadda'ya know! Great work DavidW, I'm going to play this ASAP :)

#24 grogerson

grogerson

Blithering Idiot and BG1 Tweaks Scavanger

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Great work! A nice New Year's item if a bit early!

I've already installed (WOW! Done in 15 minutes!) and for once I tested the start in single player mode. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to manipulate inventory in Pause mode (too much time in BG1), but in appears I can. If, as DavidW suspects, some of my bugs have been from playing multiplayer, I'll learn soon enough.
It is an outrage that they should be commonly spoken of as Intellectuals. This gives them the chance to say that he who attacks them attacks Intelligence. It is not so. . . . It is not excess of thought but defect of fertile and generous emotion that marks them out. Their heads are no bigger than the ordinary: it is the atrophy of the chest beneath that makes them seem so.

And all the time, such is the tragi-comedy of our situation, we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. . . . In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.

C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users