Photo

Version 19 hotfixes

14 replies to this topic

#1 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

I decided to compile some fixes I've made for my own game, as it's a while since SCS has been updated.

Of course, if DavidW objects I will remove them.

These fixes aim to address:

*Enemies chasing PCs who are invisible/sanctuaried (except of course those that can see through it)
*HLA usage and timers, and checks for weapon immunity
*A few genai issues, like Haer attacking the party

These all go in the folder scsii/genai and require re-installation

chase_top.ssl

genai.tph

hla.ssl

initial.baf

Edit: Typo in the hla file, hope no-one downloaded that before I caught it.

Edited by polytope, 20 September 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Polytweak - Polytope's enhancements of BG2 creatures, NPCs and the proficiency system.

#2 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

Nice.

I think we'll have to do with the second best stuff untill DavidW (I hope) returns.

There's also this collection found at SHS, don't know if it is the same... linky
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#3 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

I don't recall posting anything like this at SHS.

This is my final version of hla.ssl which I didn't fix in my last post (I thought I had) as I was in a rush for work.
Polytweak - Polytope's enhancements of BG2 creatures, NPCs and the proficiency system.

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Members
  • 2354 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

DavidW was kind enough to reply to a PM I sent 2-3 weeks ago saying he's fine but very busy. He'll eventually have some time to dedicate to his modding projects.

#5 Dakk

Dakk
  • Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:42 AM

DavidW was kind enough to reply to a PM I sent 2-3 weeks ago saying he's fine [...]

I must admit it gladdens me to hear that.

Thank you for the update Salk.

Edited by Dakk, 21 September 2011 - 05:43 AM.

#6 amanasleep

amanasleep
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Awesome! These are terrific fixes. In particular the invisibility scripting problem was making SCS very frustrating. poly, you mention Haer attacking the party. I've noticed an issue with some summons randomly taking damage and turning hostile. Do you think it's related?

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3600 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

In the light of this thread, it might be interesting to know that somebody is trying to know which is the best version of the ToBEx to use... it's not direct implication... well it actually is. :cool:
Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

#8 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4117 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Yes, I'm still around. I've just been caught up in work for the last few months.

And my long-standing policy of being happy for other people to fix bugs I haven't got around to fixing remains.

#9 Dakk

Dakk
  • Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

Yes, I'm still around. I've just been caught up in work for the last few months.

I, for one, have been worried that you might have had accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch, and a pair of rubber bands...

#10 Guest_Guest_agris_*_*

Guest_Guest_agris_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

Nice.

I think we'll have to do with the second best stuff untill DavidW (I hope) returns.

There's also this collection found at SHS, don't know if it is the same... linky

I compiled that pack of scsII fixes from the bug report thread in this forum. They're actually different fixes for different bugs than what polytope posted, so using them together would be best. I was happy to se polytope's fixes because my megamod install is running atm and I was able to drop them into the scs2 dir before it installed :cool:

#11 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4117 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Polytope:

For future reference, I'm 100% happy with genuine fixes being distributed in my absence, but please don't distribute tweaks like "hla.ssl". It doesn't fix a bug, it changes the AI behaviour to something you think is more optimal. I suspect that you're probably right, but even so I'd rather make sure new content in SCS is actually mine. (Of course, I don't object at all if you want to post a proposed change - or even if you code your proposed change and upload it for people to try out. I just don't want things like that confused with bugs.)

#12 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Polytope:

For future reference, I'm 100% happy with genuine fixes being distributed in my absence, but please don't distribute tweaks like "hla.ssl". It doesn't fix a bug, it changes the AI behaviour to something you think is more optimal.

At the time I felt it fixed a genuine bug, which was that high-level characters with berserker or barbarian abilities would try to re-use them sooner than they should because the HLAs also set SCRIPTINGSTATE4; the HLA targetting isn't strictly a bugfix, but it did look strange for a fighter to use whirlwind when he passes into melee range of a character whom he wasn't planning to attack anyway, because they're using ProMW - thus wasting the ability.

I noticed you fixed it for v20 anyway.

Edited by polytope, 08 January 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#13 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4117 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Polytope:

For future reference, I'm 100% happy with genuine fixes being distributed in my absence, but please don't distribute tweaks like "hla.ssl". It doesn't fix a bug, it changes the AI behaviour to something you think is more optimal.

At the time I felt it fixed a genuine bug, which was that high-level characters with berserker or barbarian abilities would try to re-use them sooner than they should because the HLAs also set SCRIPTINGSTATE4; the HLA targetting isn't strictly a bugfix, but it did look strange for a fighter to use whirlwind when he passes into melee range of a character whom he wasn't planning to attack anyway, because they're using ProMW - thus wasting the ability.

I noticed you fixed it for v20 anyway.

Yes - I completely agree with you on the merits of the issue. And like I say, I don't at all mind you coding it up - I'm just keen to distinguish fixes from tweaks here.

Incidentally (if you're interested) most of the middle part of your hla.ssl can be coded in just a few lines as

IF TRIGGER
     IgnoreBlock(IsBG1)
     TargetBlock(EnemiesInOrderShort)
     TriggerBlock(PMWSafe)
     !CheckStat(Myself,5,SCRIPTINGSTATE4)
THEN DO
       Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_GREATER_WHIRLWIND)
       ActionCondition(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_SMITE;AreaType(OUTDOOR))

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_CRITICAL_STRIKE)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_WHIRLWIND)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_POWER_ATTACK)
END

#14 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Incidentally (if you're interested) most of the middle part of your hla.ssl can be coded in just a few lines as

IF TRIGGER
	 IgnoreBlock(IsBG1)
	 TargetBlock(EnemiesInOrderShort)
	 TriggerBlock(PMWSafe)
	 !CheckStat(Myself,5,SCRIPTINGSTATE4)
THEN DO
	   Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_GREATER_WHIRLWIND)
	   ActionCondition(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_SMITE;AreaType(OUTDOOR))

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_CRITICAL_STRIKE)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_WHIRLWIND)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_POWER_ATTACK)
END

Thanks, I wasn't really sure how to use your SSL so I just posted it in baf format. Now that I think about it, this block would cause enemies to waste smite and whirlwind on summoned hobgoblins, maybe they should do a min-level check before using HLA's.

Given how short most battles in ToB tend to be, it's arguable whether enemy fighters first move should always be hardiness (possible conditions; being within range 4 of a PC fighter, paladin, ranger or monk or a planetar or seeing a kitted archer or a PC with energy blades).

#15 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4117 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, I wasn't really sure how to use your SSL so I just posted it in baf format. Now that I think about it, this block would cause enemies to waste smite and whirlwind on summoned hobgoblins, maybe they should do a min-level check before using HLA's.

Given how short most battles in ToB tend to be, it's arguable whether enemy fighters first move should always be hardiness (possible conditions; being within range 4 of a PC fighter, paladin, ranger or monk or a planetar or seeing a kitted archer or a PC with energy blades).

Agreed, in both cases. I'll try to remember that for v21.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users