TotLM Blind Minotaur Bug

1 reply to this topic

#1 grogerson

grogerson

Blithering Idiot and BG1 Tweaks Scavanger

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

I found this one while bug-testing IWD-in-BG2 and is reported there as well. It happens in both the original and the conversion.

AR9717 (the second dungeon level of Maluradek Castle) has two side rooms with Blind Minotaurs. The one on the right has one Minotaur placed (near 3084.610) so that when the door opens it gets trapped, and since the door can't be closed it can't be attacked. It needs to be moved.
It is an outrage that they should be commonly spoken of as Intellectuals. This gives them the chance to say that he who attacks them attacks Intelligence. It is not so. . . . It is not excess of thought but defect of fertile and generous emotion that marks them out. Their heads are no bigger than the ordinary: it is the atrophy of the chest beneath that makes them seem so.

And all the time, such is the tragi-comedy of our situation, we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. . . . In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.

C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

#2 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just returned from a triumphant carpet-bombing of Eden 7

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8922 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I was unable to replicate this, but I've touched up the search map in FP v2 anyway.

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users