Jump to content


Picking Angelo Back Up


8 replies to this topic

#1 Caserius Tendook

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

I'm in a part of the game where I need a spot in my line-up and the best one is to replace Angelo. This would only be for a brief amount of time, I've gotta pick up Imoen for a little bit, before I can then dump my another character and open Angelo's spot back up.

My PC is male, and romancing Amber, so the romance angle isn't an issue, I just wasn't sure if dropping him for a short time would create an issue. Where would I pick him back up?

I'm done with Sarwaa, Gispachi, and Yilli. Thanks

#2 Sister Vigilante

    enfant terrible

  • Modders
  • 479 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

You know...I'm sorry about this, but I can't actually remember. What's more, there was at least at one point a bug where Angelo wouldn't go to wait where he said he'd go, so the only option was to tell him to "wait here;" can't remember if that was fixed. My instinct though is that it won't break the romance. Does anyone else know the answer?

View PostCaserius Tendook, on Sep 2 2011, 02:49 PM, said:

I'm in a part of the game where I need a spot in my line-up and the best one is to replace Angelo. This would only be for a brief amount of time, I've gotta pick up Imoen for a little bit, before I can then dump my another character and open Angelo's spot back up.

My PC is male, and romancing Amber, so the romance angle isn't an issue, I just wasn't sure if dropping him for a short time would create an issue. Where would I pick him back up?

I'm done with Sarwaa, Gispachi, and Yilli. Thanks

"Work while you have the light, before the darkness comes during which no one can work." --John 9:4

Check out my webzone
My Youtube channel

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#3 berelinde

    The Typo Queen

  • Gibberlings
  • 8591 posts
  • Location:New Jersey, USA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

He waits by the City Gates, IIRC. OP is romancing Amber, not Angelo, so it doesn't matter if the romance breaks or not.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#4 Caserius Tendook

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

View Postberelinde, on Sep 2 2011, 04:25 PM, said:

He waits by the City Gates, IIRC. OP is romancing Amber, not Angelo, so it doesn't matter if the romance breaks or not.

Very cool. Thank you ladies. It's been forever since I've played and I'm getting ready to head to Brynnlaw. Figured I would leave Angelo here for the moment and grab him back up to have room for Imoen, but now that I think about it I'm not even sure I want to bother keeping Imoen in the party. I rather like the set up the way I have it.

Now that I'm thinking about it though I may not be able to get him back right away, cause IIRC I'm gonna be heading out of the Asylum and off to the Underdark w/o returning to Anthkalta......hmmmm......that could be an issue.

Ok, here's a silly question I'm sure. I leave Angelo, and after I find Imoen, I tell her to head back to Athkalta, then I do a MPsave export/import with Angelo bringing him back into the party. Would this kind of manuever goof up the manner in which the Mod runs?

#5 berelinde

    The Typo Queen

  • Gibberlings
  • 8591 posts
  • Location:New Jersey, USA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

I'm not even sure that's possible, to tell you the truth. If you have a full party when Imoen is available, you will have the option of recruiting her or not. If you tell her "not now," she'll go back to the Copper Coronet without needing any kind of fancy import/export stuff.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#6 Sister Vigilante

    enfant terrible

  • Modders
  • 479 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Oooooops wasn't reading carefully :)

Anyway thanks berelinde, and if the PC isn't romancing Angelo I can't imagine there would be any issue. If by some chance he doesn't appear at the gates, you can reload and tell him to "wait here."
"Work while you have the light, before the darkness comes during which no one can work." --John 9:4

Check out my webzone
My Youtube channel

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#7 Caserius Tendook

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

View Postberelinde, on Sep 2 2011, 06:47 PM, said:

I'm not even sure that's possible, to tell you the truth. If you have a full party when Imoen is available, you will have the option of recruiting her or not. If you tell her "not now," she'll go back to the Copper Coronet without needing any kind of fancy import/export stuff.

Thank you again Ladies. That answers alot for me. I just started playing again, now that I actually have some free time, and start playing with the NPC mods, I have always taken Imoen, but is it really necessary? Does she HAVE to be with me, or do I miss out on something important to the plot line?

I would much rather just keep Angelo and Amber in the party and tell Imoen to head back to the CC, but I don't want to goof it up to bad. Thanks for all the help.

#8 Sister Vigilante

    enfant terrible

  • Modders
  • 479 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Cool :)

I would personally take Imoen; Angelo has the second most content with her out of all NPCs (after Sarevok). There's no, like, Imoen-related quest content though, just banters.

[I should perhaps add that despite my username and avatar, I am a man...heh. I'm the guy who does the voice.]

View PostCaserius Tendook, on Sep 3 2011, 12:07 PM, said:

View Postberelinde, on Sep 2 2011, 06:47 PM, said:

I'm not even sure that's possible, to tell you the truth. If you have a full party when Imoen is available, you will have the option of recruiting her or not. If you tell her "not now," she'll go back to the Copper Coronet without needing any kind of fancy import/export stuff.

Thank you again Ladies. That answers alot for me. I just started playing again, now that I actually have some free time, and start playing with the NPC mods, I have always taken Imoen, but is it really necessary? Does she HAVE to be with me, or do I miss out on something important to the plot line?

I would much rather just keep Angelo and Amber in the party and tell Imoen to head back to the CC, but I don't want to goof it up to bad. Thanks for all the help.

"Work while you have the light, before the darkness comes during which no one can work." --John 9:4

Check out my webzone
My Youtube channel

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#9 Caserius Tendook

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Then I shall call you a lady no more! Thanks for the help and direction it's appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back at some point with more silly questions. For the first time in a long time I've got time to really sit and play this game instead of always having to jump around.




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users