IR V3 Beta

35 replies to this topic

#1 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5000 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

After ages we're indeed there (I cannot believe it myself), and starting from now anyone interested to help us testing or even only proofreading Item Revisions V3 is welcome.

Anyone interested should be able to download it here.

Cheers
Demi

P.S I'll properly do when the time comes, but I do want to thanks those who have followed the project for so long, especially those who actively helped us shaping it like Dakk, Yarpen, Shaitan, Salk, Six of Spades, Jarno (yeah even you little evil imp :) ), and anyone who contributed in any way. Thanks guys.

Edited by Demivrgvs, 09 August 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#2 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Congratulations and thank you. :)

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

I can but congratulate you for the Beta being available for testing! :)

We all have been looking forward to it and are thankful for your dedicated work. :D

I must also say I am surprised you pulled it off without Mike's assistance (which was something I seem to remember you were waiting for before you could wrap the new version up).

#4 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

What Salk said.

And a huge thanks for listening to each and every comment. Even answering all those must have been a great work in itself.

Without you and Ardanis I don't think we ever would have seen so high quality item mods.

Looking foreward to test :)
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#5 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 1818 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:59 AM

congrats! If you need someplace to host the beta (and for some reason that not being g3), I can upload it elsewhere.
GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Python tamers needed for iwd2!

#6 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5000 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

I must also say I am surprised you pulled it off without Mike's assistance (which was something I seem to remember you were waiting for before you could wrap the new version up).

Not having Mike around has complicated everything a lot, in fact we still haven't handled a couple of things which were on his shoulders (Tutu compatibility, and to a lesser extent BGT "extended compatibility"), but fortunately Ardanis step up and managed to re-do most of Mike's work, even adding a bunch of new things too.

Thus, kudos to Ardanis. :)

congrats! If you need someplace to host the beta (and for some reason that not being g3), I can upload it elsewhere.

I asked to G3 admins for hosting and I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks for offering your help though, I'll think about it.

#7 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

in a BiG World install with BGT, should we still install the item revisions and masterwork components toward the front as suggested by SHS? Is there anything else we should install up front like the Tobex component?
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#8 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Truth be told, I'm barely familiar with megamod installations and don't know if there's a need to install IR before BGT.

BGT overwrites following items, those in bold are made available in BG2 with IR installed.:
- Long Bow of Marksmanship
- Eagle Bow
- Algernon's Cloak
- Werebane
- Soultaker Dagger
- Kiel's Helmet
- Radiant Plate
- Sword of Balduran
- Vampire's Revenge

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#9 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

I've done a BWP install as well ; customized the install order so that that all components other than global changes are installed early but after BGT. Global changes are installed quite late in the process. Full weidu log :

Spoiler

Checked changelog of Bow of Marksmanship and Eagle Bow, they do seem to be changed only by the Fixpack, followed by BGT and finally Item revisions :

Mods affecting BOW07.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix
00001: ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.12 (12 Jun 2011)
00002: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1
00003: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 14 // Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics: V3 Beta 1
00004: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 17 // Weapon Changes: V3 Beta 1
00005: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V3 Beta 1

Note that I did not install any "big" mod (TDD, NtoSC, etc), quest mods, item mods, etc. Content-wise, this is mostly the original saga, plus tweaks, fixes and IA. ToBex did get installed twice (I guess SCS already checks if it has been installed previously), but I'm not sure if it would affect the game (both were v20).

I'll try to start a playthrough this week-end.

EDIT : and I have no idea why the spoiler tag won't hide my log...

#10 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2249 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

ToBex did get installed twice (I guess SCS already checks if it has been installed previously), but I'm not sure if it would affect the game (both were v20).

Different versions of ToBEx can be safely installed multiple times. The end result is - the latest version is applied.
"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#11 SixOfSpades

SixOfSpades

Idea Machine

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Okay, so the Speed Factor on this Mod Release+14 isn't the best, but at 4D8 Slashing and a ton of enchantments on hit, it should be enough to make Lilarcor's brother cry. Cool cool cool! YEEAAHH!

#12 Thailog

Thailog
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:00 AM

Can you upload IR V3 to Rapidshare or something?

I can't receive the mod via e-mail since my mail provider doesn't allow exe files to be received, even within a ZIP/RAR archive. I imagine others may have similar problems too.

#13 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5000 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

Can you upload IR V3 to Rapidshare or something?

I can't receive the mod via e-mail since my mail provider doesn't allow exe files to be received, even within a ZIP/RAR archive. I imagine others may have similar problems too.

Yep, G3 admins (aka theacefaes) replied to me yesterday and sooner or later we should have a link here at G3. :)

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3798 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

Or you could have just asked Demi package the mod without the setup-ITEM_REV.exe in it as you can get the latest version of it from the PPG's Windows binary archive in here, when you rename it... or from one of the other mods.
But, I won't be testing the mod... Posted Image
Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

It should be ready after dinner yes. :)

Quoted for Demivrgvs 5000th post.

#15 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5000 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Or you could have just asked Demi package the mod without the setup-ITEM_REV.exe in it...

I tried it, but gmail seems to hate me. Anyway, almost anyone who asked me the mod got it, and soon we'll have a link here to make everything easier.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users