How is your fixpack works with Redrake's old one? Can they be used together or they are mutually exclusive?
Mutually exclusive. Redrake's is pretty much a file dump/tlk overwriter, though all the fixes in it were already in Tweaks (and now here) save the alignment changes. (Waaaay back in the day I posted all this stuff in redrake's forum, but it doesn't seem like it made it in to the releases.)
I may, in some future version, try to tackle alignments if I'm feeling masochistic. I still have the scars from the BG2 Fixpack alignment fights and I'm not terribly eager to start that again. That being said it may be easier since BG2 Fixpack is a muddled democracy while IWD Fixpack is (currently) a soulless autocracy.
I'd vastly prefer IWD FP being a muddled democracy as well, so if anyone is
ambitious enough to want to help I'm all for it. At the very least I hope to foster the same forum give-and-take we get for BG2 FP as that's done nothing but improve the project, despite my tongue-in-cheek griping.
Congrats! From reading the logs, it seems I don't have to change/fix anything in IWD NPC, the mods still should work together?
Nah, it's more or less the same stuff from Tweaks with a few more fixes and a hell of a lot more documentation. However, I did get a PM from devSin right after release letting me know that he had an IWD fixpack a year ago and that I did everything wrong, so we may see v2 sooner rather than later.
(Since it's hard to convey being tongue-in-cheek via forum, yes, devSin does have a fixpack from a year ago built off the old tweaks component that I'm looking through and, as usual, he was very gracious in offering it up along with some corrections for this one. And also as usual, I have no docs at all to work from so I'll be abusing WeiDU's comp function for a while.
About translations, did you manage to get the existing translations from IWD Tweaks, or the translation is only a partial one, or everything must be redone again?
Everything was lifted from v11 of Tweaks; I think the only string addition was the 'Game Text Update' string (and I didn't ask only because I wanted this to be a surprise).
I've built in the framework to easily roll out the GTU in any language. If you look in the languages folder, every one has a gtu.tra and gtu.tpa that gets included depending on the installation language. So if you want to take a crack at a French GTU, it'll be cake to include and update.
I built the English GTU in about two days. I simply ran a tlk compare from WeiDU between the TotLM dialog.tlk file against the ones from base IWD and HoW and looked at the differences. Many were simple formatting changes (in HoW they basically added 'unusable by' lines to everything, even if no one was restricted) which I ignored, a few more were legit changes between the engines (i.e. when they released HoW they made spears slower but more damaging), but there were still a ton of typo fixes. I plan on running the whole tlk through a spellcheck at some future point to see if I can find any more typos.