Unfinished Business v5 in the works

15 replies to this topic

#1 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just returned from a triumphant carpet-bombing of Eden 7

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8873 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

I'm currently working on version 5. I've got the Voice quest recoded (he now wanders per JE Sawyer) and working well. Next up is to check out the old (very old, sorry) bug reports for Presio's duel and expanded Marketh. Once I've got it in good enough shape for IWD I'll be adding compatibility for IWD-in-BG2.

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

#2 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

Good to know!
Could you tell me if the translation needs an update with the new version?

Edited by Giuseppe, 31 January 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#3 prowler

prowler

Translator

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Awesome. You can count on me with russian translation ???
Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru
Posted Image

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8873 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

So far, no new strings, and I don't see any new ones in the work yet to be done.

I'm debating whether or not to write some dialogue for the Contact Other Plan spell, as the spirits have absolutely nothing to say regarding TotLM events. It's really not UB, though, and I may just throw it in Tweaks.

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

#5 prowler

prowler

Translator

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

So far, no new strings, and I don't see any new ones in the work yet to be done.

I'm debating whether or not to write some dialogue for the Contact Other Plan spell, as the spirits have absolutely nothing to say regarding TotLM events. It's really not UB, though, and I may just throw it in Tweaks.

It's good idea about TotL ???
Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru
Posted Image

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8873 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

Malavon and his golems have been tweaked slightly. The big issue here seems to be that most folks were missing the opportunity to use the command words with the golems, so I've added a few more reply options to make it harder to miss.

#7 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for the reply!
Before releasing the new version, I'll be glad to update the italian translation. Just PM me ???

#8 Guest_icwdmaniac_*

Guest_icwdmaniac_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you by any chance aslo doing any more bugfixing and tweeking? (hope you do)
if I recal correctly there are still a couple of bugs in the game
like the female paperdoll bug, creatures not having an allingment assinged,wights in dungeon in tales of luremaster mixup (normal ones with the models of cold imbued ones shown?/or cold and imbued ones using normal ones stats?)
you mignt also want to check both grogs and firedrakes fix packs txt for any other things (they have some bug fixing in them that might be worth adding)
and how about making a tweek to activate all the monsters found in insane difficulty in normal aswell (but with normal stats and xp)
oh there is also a chapter missing now isn't it? something about a drow city.... ???
ahem!!! - got carried away a bit- but that would have been AWSOME
anyway

#9 Dakk

Dakk
  • Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Someone needs to cut down on their coffee ???

#10 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8873 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you by any chance aslo doing any more bugfixing and tweeking? (hope you do)
if I recal correctly there are still a couple of bugs in the game
like the female paperdoll bug, creatures not having an allingment assinged,wights in dungeon in tales of luremaster mixup (normal ones with the models of cold imbued ones shown?/or cold and imbued ones using normal ones stats?)
you mignt also want to check both grogs and firedrakes fix packs txt for any other things (they have some bug fixing in them that might be worth adding)
and how about making a tweek to activate all the monsters found in insane difficulty in normal aswell (but with normal stats and xp)
oh there is also a chapter missing now isn't it? something about a drow city.... ???
ahem!!! - got carried away a bit- but that would have been AWSOME
anyway

If you've got bug reports, yeah, send them along.

#11 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8873 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

Presio's duel has been vastly improved. All that's left is Marketh's stuff.

#12 Guest_Ayrus_*

Guest_Ayrus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi. Here is a small bug that I've noticed. Once you have killed Lysan (the Auril priest in the Vale), you can ask her items at the Kuldahar tavern. Your journal is updated, but the entry is the same text as if you had just gotten into a fight with Lysan ("... and she attacked us.").

#13 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 8873 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

Marketh's stuff has been reviewed. When Ginafae is in the process of swapping Marketh's ring you now have sensible reply options for her. Also closed a dialogue hole where you could reset (and therefore break) the quest.

I've also shortened the time it takes Norl to make the copy from one day to eight hours.

#14 Guest_Tantris_*

Guest_Tantris_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

Sorry if it is a lame question but where can I find Malavon's Book of Golem Building?
I've played through IWD UB and I didn't found anything...

Thx for the help!

#15 Cerest

Cerest
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

*pokes*

I've encountered an installation error on component 400 of UB.

Below is the debug error and the weidu log.

[codebox]
Spoiler
[/codebox]

[codebox]
Spoiler
[/codebox]

Do note that component 400 does function correctly if it is put before Auril's Bane and Icewind Dale NPCs.

Edited by Cerest, 02 July 2011 - 03:18 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users