Trouble with widescreen for easytutu

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_oyzae_*

Guest_oyzae_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

I have BG2, there i installed fixpack and then widescreenmod. Then i installed BG1 and then Easytutu as well as the BG1NPC mod. Then when i started the game i got a huge black glitch to the right of the middle of my screen on the menu. I survived this through character creation, but now the glitch is moved to the right side instead... I think it displays the full image on the rest of the screen but when i hoover my mouse over the black glitch area an afterimage of the mouse gets stuck there. Soon enough numerous flickering mouses are all over that area... Would be nice to know how to fix this issue...

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3800 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

I have BG2, there i installed fixpack and then widescreen mod...Tutu...
Would be nice to know how to fix this issue...

You just failed to follow the instructions.
Uninstall the BG2, clean the game folder and reinstall it again, and start a quick game so it auto-saves, so you have a clean install, then install the EasyTutu using the Clean BGII install, not a modified game... and you then install the Widescreen mod to the EasyTutu created game folder/engine.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 December 2010 - 01:30 PM.

Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

It should be ready after dinner yes. :)

Quoted for Demivrgvs 5000th post.

#3 Guest_oyzae_*

Guest_oyzae_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

I have BG2, there i installed fixpack and then widescreen mod...Tutu...
Would be nice to know how to fix this issue...

You just failed to follow the instructions.
Uninstall the BG2, clean the game folder and reinstall it again, and start a quick game so it auto-saves, so you have a clean install, then install the EasyTutu using the Clean BGII install, not a modified game... and you then install the Widescreen mod to the EasyTutu created game folder/engine.

I don't have my BG2 disks easily accessible for a while, is it possible to uninstall widescreen/fixpack or am I stuck for a while?

#4 the bigg

the bigg

The Avatar of F/Ts

• Members
  • 2318 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

Yes, you can run setup-widescreen.exe and setup-fixpack.exe in your bg2 directory to uninstall them, and then uninstall and reinstall easytutu.
Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users