Elanee massively bugged?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Soldier_Of_Misfortune_*

Guest_Soldier_Of_Misfortune_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hi,

I just started playing a new game after the latest patch (I have SoZ if this makes a difference). Right after the fight where Elanee joins me, I notice that her AI just does not work at all, in any way, shape, or form.

After the fight, I try to talk to her. No response.

I figured there might be some momentary bugginess, so I went up into the glade and took down the enraged bear. Elanee just fell in combat and stayed dead, leaving behind her remains. No dialog was triggered. Additionally, after the wolf fights, I additionally attempted to talk to her. Same results.

Neeshka seems to work fine.

On a subsequent reload, I had the Elanee fight again (figuring I'd try once more) and this time she didn't even talk to me after the last enemy fell and I was stuck in that valley where she initially joins you.

Any ideas? I mean, I'll reinstall the game if I have to, but I'd rather not wait another freakin' WEEK to patch everything.

Thanks in advance.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Whatever it is, it isn't the Romance Pack. We alter one file for Elanee, gl_elanee.dlg. We don't touch her scripts.

It sounds like your installation has some serious issues, but the BioWare boards can probably help you better than we can.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Guest_Soldier of Misfortune_*

Guest_Soldier of Misfortune_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Whatever it is, it isn't the Romance Pack. We alter one file for Elanee, gl_elanee.dlg. We don't touch her scripts.

It sounds like your installation has some serious issues, but the BioWare boards can probably help you better than we can.

Well, that tells me it isn't the pack, then. I'll figure it out from here. Thanks. :cringe:

#4 Guest_Beren_*

Guest_Beren_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Well, that tells me it isn't the pack, then. I'll figure it out from here. Thanks. :cringe:

Yeah, I did both the Skymirror and the Circle of Druids during chapter 3. Made a point of choosing the responses that would win influence with her as well.

#5 Domi

Domi

Where is now your Troy, O Cassandra?

• Gibberlings
  • 12506 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

Beren, I think you meant to post in your older bug report about Neeshka coming to the Walls instead of Elanee. Elanee vs Neeshka script on the Walls check the following:

Influence with Elanee is equal or over 10, and her romance is not deactivated. (P#ElaneeRomanceInactive doesn't exist)
There is a discrepancy with Neeshka's global value in the script, I will fix it, and we'll have to update the pack. I don't know, if it will fix the issue, but we'll need to test. I won't be at the Walls for a while. A quick solution for you is to:

Before the Walls, tell Neeshka via flirts that you love Elanee, and see if it fixes the issue.

If that doesn't try checking your globals file and see that:

P#ElaneeRomanceInactive doesn't exist - delete it or set to 0
Set P#NeeshkaRomanceInactive to 1

If that doesn't fix it, I will need to work further on it.
Faster. Faster. Faster would be better. -Mal Reynolds, Serenity
I understand that folks prefer code that works. -CamDawg, G3

#6 Guest_Beren_*

Guest_Beren_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

@Domi

Thanks for your help, will do.

#7 Domi

Domi

Where is now your Troy, O Cassandra?

• Gibberlings
  • 12506 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

Let me know how it goes. Regardless, I will be making sure I correct it. Sorry about the delays, I am working extremely slow. :)
Faster. Faster. Faster would be better. -Mal Reynolds, Serenity
I understand that folks prefer code that works. -CamDawg, G3

#8 Guest_Beren_*

Guest_Beren_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hi Domi,

Didn't work, and I downloaded it again after the replies.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users