Photo

Bugs and issues

20 replies to this topic

#1 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

If you find a bug or something along those lines, please let me know so I can fix it.

The bug report archive is here.

Edited by Wisp, 13 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#2 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

IR appears to be incompatible with the most recent version(s) of SCS which assign BG2 type weapon proficiencies to npc fighters; some part of the SCS general ai improvements strips BG1 style proficiencies ("large sword" etc.) from all fighters (they usually had several...) but IR doesn't appear to account for this and enemies can end up wielding weapons they aren't proficient in.

Edit: Yeah I just checked, the "replacement" column in itemlist.2da is based on the assumption of creatures still having BG1 proficiency, i.e. a 2h sword can replace a long sword

Edit2: I suppose if mode 2 is used you can work around this problem by installing randomizer before SCS, then the SCS macro will give creatures proficiency in their new weapon, but SCS takes a long time to reinstall if you want things randomized for a new game...

Edited by polytope, 30 September 2013 - 05:34 AM.

Polytweak - Polytope's enhancements of BG2 creatures, NPCs and the proficiency system.

#3 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for the report.
I've been thinking vaguely about some sort of shored-up proficiencies. I guess the time is now.

#4 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi Wisp, I found only 1/2 a dozen cases where this can happen so it's not such a big deal. I just went through itemlist.2da and made sure each fighter gets a weapon of the exact same type.

I noticed though that some fighters (Koshi for instance) only get +1 replacements for their unique magic weapons, am I wrong in thinking they should get +2 at least? I say this because druids can summon creatures immune to +1 or less in the early game (there is no "generic" +2 ninja-to to replace Usono's blade).
Polytweak - Polytope's enhancements of BG2 creatures, NPCs and the proficiency system.

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

I noticed though that some fighters (Koshi for instance) only get +1 replacements for their unique magic weapons, am I wrong in thinking they should get +2 at least? I say this because druids can summon creatures immune to +1 or less in the early game (there is no "generic" +2 ninja-to to replace Usono's blade).

For the most part these are because the replacement column is pretty much a straight addition to the amount of loot the player finds. Because if that, I try to keep the replacement items fairly inconsequential. However, maybe I should make an exception for Koshi and give him a +2 katana instead. Any others that stick out?

#6 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hi again, about the party having too much loot, would you consider reducing the price generic magic items can be sold for? +2 bastard swords, long swords and short swords are particularly overpriced, and the party will probably never buy any of them, only sell them.

The skeleton warrior who used to have halcyon spear didn't get a replacement weapon (he had metaspell amulet in my game). If it's not too much outside the mod's scope would you consider replacing this skeleton warrior with a more powerful creature, as you fight pairs or even groups of skeleton warriors just to get to a single unique one that's no tougher. Maybe a greater mummy, since he's in a sarcophagus...

Edited by polytope, 26 October 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#7 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi again, about the party having too much loot, would you consider reducing the price generic magic items can be sold for? +2 bastard swords, long swords and short swords are particularly overpriced, and the party will probably never buy any of them, only sell them.

Sounds like a good option.

The skeleton warrior who used to have halcyon spear didn't get a replacement weapon (he had metaspell amulet in my game). If it's not too much outside the mod's scope would you consider replacing this skeleton warrior with a more powerful creature, as you fight pairs or even groups of skeleton warriors just to get to a single unique one that's no tougher. Maybe a greater mummy, since he's in a sarcophagus...

I'll give it some thought. At the very least I'll fix the weapon. However, I'm not particularly convinced the encounter needs to be more difficult. The loot is from the lowest tier and you can view the preceding opponents as part of the challenge.

#8 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Some wizards seem to have entirely too many scrolls: Yuan Ti mage on lvl 1 of Nalia's keep had 3* Improved Invisibility, 2* stoneskin, 2* Secret Word and a Minor Sequencer... Sorcerous Amon had a lot of scrolls too. Oh, well I'm playing a new game with a sorc so the scrolls are kind of irrelevant except as single use items.

Gromnir had a mis-assigned item, he got the Darksteel shield but it wasn't actually put in any slot - inventory or equipment - on his cre file (not that I'd use shields in ToB).

#9 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Some wizards seem to have entirely too many scrolls: Yuan Ti mage on lvl 1 of Nalia's keep had 3* Improved Invisibility, 2* stoneskin, 2* Secret Word and a Minor Sequencer... Sorcerous Amon had a lot of scrolls too. Oh, well I'm playing a new game with a sorc so the scrolls are kind of irrelevant except as single use items.

Gromnir had a mis-assigned item, he got the Darksteel shield but it wasn't actually put in any slot - inventory or equipment - on his cre file (not that I'd use shields in ToB).

If you haven't reinstalled the mod since, can you upload the three files fl#randomseed.2da, fl#randoptions.2da and fl#removeditems.2da (they're in your override), as well as your weidu.log?

Edited by Wisp, 04 December 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#10 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

My install:

Spoiler

(I had recently re-installed the randomizer for a new game, if that means anything)

Attached Files

#11 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'll try to have a look this weekend.

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Okay, can reproduce. The Gromnir thing is a bug alright. Will fix.

The scrolls thing looks like luck of the draw. There is an awful lot of scrolls being randomised. Stands to reason there will occasionally be someone who receives multiple copies of the same scroll (like Rayic or the Yuan-ti mage). Some tiers contain more scrolls than others, or might contain fewer locations than others, and would thus be particularly susceptible to this. I can look into adding some more locations for scrolls, so you'll not find quite so many of them in any one place. The multiple copies might also be a deficiency in WeiDU's (OCaml's) pseudo-random number generator, but there's little I can do about that.

#13 polytope

polytope
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

The scrolls thing looks like luck of the draw. There is an awful lot of scrolls being randomised. Stands to reason there will occasionally be someone who receives multiple copies of the same scroll (like Rayic or the Yuan-ti mage).

Thanks Wisp, I figured it would be something like this. I remember Mekrath's bookcase having 3 6th level scrolls on one occasion but only one on my current game. The trademeet raks had one 4th and one 5th level scroll which looks right.

#14 qwerty123456

qwerty123456
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I got 2 Girdle of Bluntness in BG1, one dropped from someone and another one sold by a merchant in Nashkel.

#15 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

I got 2 Girdle of Bluntness in BG1, one dropped from someone and another one sold by a merchant in Nashkel.

The one in Nashkel is likely caused by another mod. Item Randomiser only moves the girdle (formerly) possessed by Krumm. There is an unused "Carnival Shop" store that carries a second girdle; perhaps another mod uses it, which would allow you to buy a second copy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users