Jump to content


Sorry For The Downtime (again)


11 replies to this topic

#1 theacefes

    XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD

  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2662 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Irvine, CA, USA

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the downtime. The host got mad at us for exceeding our limit on the database. When I went through the database to sort things out, I discovered that our broken that has yet to be fixed wiki was the cause of this. Fear not though...we have plenty of space for the forums and site. This shouldn't happen again...hopefully. :undecided:
-Ace

My Music Reels (mod-related and others)

----

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

#2 Shaitan

    Bad bad nurse.

  • Members
  • 1549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Copenhagen, Denmark

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for the work you put into it.

:undecided:
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#3 Dakk

  • Members
  • 695 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:21 AM

How very courteous of the host to shut the site down, instead of sending notice... :undecided:

I echo Shaitan though, your work is appreciated!

#4 KIrving

  • Members
  • 678 posts
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:26 AM

View PostDakk, on Aug 19 2010, 09:21 AM, said:

How very courteous of the host to shut the site down, instead of sending notice... :hm:
I was thinking the same thing.
Thank you for your efforts theacefes. It feels wrong when I can't get a G3 fix. :undecided:
"We went out to play for the evening
wanted to hold on to the feeling
of the stretch in the sun,
and our breathlessness as we run
to the beach endlessly,
as the sun creeps up on the sea." Lille Lisa Hannigan

#5 Kulyok

  • Members
  • 5222 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Moscow, Russia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:12 AM

View PostKIrving, on Aug 19 2010, 02:26 PM, said:

View PostDakk, on Aug 19 2010, 09:21 AM, said:

How very courteous of the host to shut the site down, instead of sending notice... :)
I was thinking the same thing.
Thank you for your efforts theacefes. It feels wrong when I can't get a G3 fix. :undecided:

Thirded. :hm: Same here.

Thank you for bringing the site back!

#6 Jarno Mikkola

    The Imp

  • Members
  • 3400 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

What you did was OK, and you really shouldn't be sorry, "these things happenTM".
But you might consider having a semipermanent second download link... yes, the IEGMC America doesn't get updated nowadays... so you can try to make Berelinde's link permanent, or take Solaufein's offer...(oh cheese, I lost the link already).

View PostDakk, on Aug 19 2010, 12:21 PM, said:

How very courteous of the host to shut the site down, instead of sending notice... :)
Well, taking the site down can be considered as a notice, too... :undecided: :hm:
Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

#7 devSin

  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

So what are you actually going to do about the wiki?

It's time to delete it, but where to store the articles and snippets that are there (code archives, like the fixpack pages, can get trashed)?

#8 Salk

  • Members
  • 2336 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

I still get the same error message if I type:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/

Instead, coming in through specific pages (Forum, Downloads, ecc.) works fine.

#9 Mike1072

  • Gibberlings
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

View PostSalk, on Aug 19 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

I still get the same error message if I type:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/

Instead, coming in through specific pages (Forum, Downloads, ecc.) works fine.
You may have an old version cached - try forcing a refresh.

View PostdevSin, on Aug 19 2010, 12:39 PM, said:

So what are you actually going to do about the wiki?

It's time to delete it, but where to store the articles and snippets that are there (code archives, like the fixpack pages, can get trashed)?
We're still in the process of figuring this out.

Edited by Mike1072, 19 August 2010 - 10:00 PM.


#10 Salk

  • Members
  • 2336 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostMike1072, on Aug 20 2010, 07:57 AM, said:

View PostSalk, on Aug 19 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

I still get the same error message if I type:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/

Instead, coming in through specific pages (Forum, Downloads, ecc.) works fine.
You may have an old version cached - try forcing a refresh.

Now everything worked fine.

I didn't force a refresh though. I just tried again and the website was up.

Thanks!

#11 Dakk

  • Members
  • 695 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

@Salk:
Most likely your ISP refreshing DNS slowly.

#12 Mike1072

  • Gibberlings
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

View PostDakk, on Aug 20 2010, 04:30 AM, said:

@Salk:
Most likely your ISP refreshing DNS slowly.
Wouldn't that affect the downloads page as well? :undecided:




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users