Photo

Refinements compatibility

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

I have a similar question to this poster, in that I would like to convert Viconia and Branwen to Shar and Tempus, without affecting other characters.

However, I also want to install Refinements (this will be a BWP install).

I see in the Refinements readme that those two kits are compatible since v2. On the other hand, DR's readme warns that HLA tables are incompatible between the two...

Am I correct in thinking that installing those kits before Ref, they would work except for HLA, which would not follow DR's sphere system ? Would there be other side effects ?

Second, would it be better to install DR in two steps, as suggested by Mike in the other thread ? I guess that would effectively make those kits only appear for Viconia and Branwen ?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Fred

#2 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberlings
  • 1746 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:31 AM

If you're using BWP, you should have TobEx, which removes the limit of 9 kits displayable at character creation, so there's no reason to worry about having more than 9 (which is possible even without DR depending on your other mods).

I can't comment on how Refinements HLAs interact with this mod.

#3 the bigg

the bigg

The Avatar of F/Ts

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 2317 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

I'm not sure what that incompatibility is about, but I think it was fixed with one of the code improvements on Refs' part.

Divine Remix HLAs are IMHO pretty uninspired (some priests get some Warrior HLAs), so you won't lose that much by installing DR and then overwriting its tables with Refinements' one.
Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:49 AM

Thanks guys. Looks like DR+Ref could work with only minor annoyances. Now I have to check with Spell Revisions, as that might be a different story ???

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users