Quick = +1 casting speed
Still = -% arcane casting failure
Silent = immunity to silence
Maximize/Empower/Extend, well, yeah...
- Quick: yeah, let's make mages more overpowered than they already are...I nerf Vecna's Robe only to make a permanent effect which stacks with Vecna's ability
- Silent: in one instant we make a 2nd lvl spell completely useless and few items unappealing
- Extend: increased duration opcode is semi-broken
- Maximize: increased caster lvl? Fine...
- Empower: increased damage? Not doable...though some Planescape item claims to do something like that...
I can see Quick and Silent as HLAs, but a permanent effect at mid-low levels would be really too much imo.
Let's say that we have 4-5 metamagic skills (and I don't think we do), we would have to limit the number of selectable ones to 1-2, else what's the whole point of creating a huge new system if you always end up with all of them?
Otoh, I don't remember off-hand...what would be the problem in simply using the pre-existing HLA tables, adding there few Low Level Abilities, and making the table start to appear at a lower xp point? We can then add level checks for each ability, as I think it's a standard feature of the tables (though unused till now).
That's correct, I don't mind at all.
Actually, I think KR simply can incorporate RR's components, as I'm certian Avenger will have no worries if being stolen from - as he wasn't with SSoB. Might indeed be good to just ask him for his components to save time inventing the wheel.
Actually I was probably going to ask you something like that because KR's thief kits are probably going to be carbon copies of RR ones (I've very few differences in mind), and I don't want to create confusion (e.g. it's nice that your AI takes into account and uses Assasin's Death Attack).