Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring component

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Members
  • 5433 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:12 AM

When I install this component,
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v7
- Spell Turning animation(Cloak of Reflection animation) disappears, too.

It's also mentioned in the readme, naturally. "This turns off that huge glowing white wiffle ball animation for the ToB Cloak of Mirroring and the Spell Trap spell as well as the glowing disc for physical mirror effects (e.g. Balduran's Shield, Shield of Reflection)".

But while I do appreciate getting rid of "ball animation", I'd still like to have the glowing disc for Shield of Balduran/Spell Turning(especially since the component's name doesn't mention it). Is it possible to do?

#2 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2221 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

Comment the bolded out.

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
///// \\\\\
///// Remove Cloak-of-Mirroring & Spell-Trap Animation \\\\\
///// \\\\\

BEGIN @315000 DESIGNATED 3150
GROUP @4
REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~_sw1h01.itm~ @10 // non-Tutu

// this file does nothing, it just allows other mods to detect this component
COPY_EXISTING ~sw1h01.itm~ ~override/cdt03150.g3~

COPY ~BG2_Tweaks/bam/spmagglo.bam~ ~override~
~BG2_Tweaks/bam/spmagglo.bam~ ~override/spsturni.bam~
~BG2_Tweaks/bam/spmagglo.bam~ ~override/spturni2.bam~

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#3 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Members
  • 5433 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

Sweet, thanks. (My problem is, I keep forgetting - I already have to edit like three or four mods before installing, and I forget Every. Single. Time. Sigh).

#4 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

SCS II has what you're looking for:

Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)
The Cloak of Mirroring creates an annoying spherical animation that is a pain to have around permanently. The BG2 Tweak Pack eliminates that animation entirely from the game, but that can be a nuisance for SCS II as the animation, annoying or not, is a good way of telling which mages have which defensive spells running. This component just removes the animation from the Cloak, leaving it in place for other spells and items.

I ain't evil, I'm just good looking.

#5 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2221 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

BG2Tweaks begs to be recoded, at least some of it's parts.
"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#6 Constantine

Constantine
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

SCS II has what you're looking for:

Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)
The Cloak of Mirroring creates an annoying spherical animation that is a pain to have around permanently. The BG2 Tweak Pack eliminates that animation entirely from the game, but that can be a nuisance for SCS II as the animation, annoying or not, is a good way of telling which mages have which defensive spells running. This component just removes the animation from the Cloak, leaving it in place for other spells and items.

I am wandering if the ugly "explosion" animation from the Creature Summoning effect (67) could be removed by the same way?

#7 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2221 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

I am wandering if the ugly "explosion" animation from the Creature Summoning effect (67) could be removed by the same way?

Check this thread http://www.shsforums...showtopic=40959
"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

#8 Guest_Unregistered_*

Guest_Unregistered_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Can't you just delete the TOB Cloak of Mirroring from the Override file to revert it back to BG2 status? I'm posting because I want to do just that, but don't know what the file is specifically.

#9 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2221 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

CLCK26.ITM

Keep in mind, that deleting it will also restore it's SoA's properties (the turning).
"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

#10 Suslik

Suslik
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

I am actually a fan of that ball appearing when spells are reflected. How can I restore the animation without uninstalling any components(quite dangerous in BWP)? I have tried taking spsturni.bam from vanilla and putting it to override, but no luck, still no animation.

#11 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Members
  • 2221 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

It's spmagglo.bam that you need, I think.
"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

#12 Suslik

Suslik
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

I have double-checked it and it seems that the animation does not show up even in my vanilla game, so apparently it has nothing to do with any mods. And it is definitely spsturni.bam. But I do remember this animation when i played a few years ago(vanilla game). How can i restore it?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users