Photo

Comments on Crumbling Down

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3634 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Once again, sorry for not getting to your story until now tcdale.

To reiterate (as I put on your other post), there is nothing wrong with your story content wise.

And it is a great revisit to Baldur's Gate 2. Additionally, there is a strength to just focusing on two characters (Imoen and the Bhaalspawn), which allows one to get deeper into both characters.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 theacefes

theacefes

XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2702 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

I have to say that I am really liking this story so far and I am looking forward to reading the next installment (hopefully on Monday like you said!). Keep up the great work! :)
-Ace

My Music Reels (mod-related and others)

----

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

#3 Edwyn

Edwyn
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:27 AM

Just want to say that I'm really enjoying 'Crumbling Down'. I've always thought that the relationship between the PC & Imoen was one of the most intriguing parts of the BG Series & this story takes that to a whole new level. I especially enjoyed this week's excerpt. Great Stuff !! Anxiously awaiting next week's update. I now actually have a reason to look forward to Mondays. :) Thanks !

#4 Vigdis_Bhaalsdatter

Vigdis_Bhaalsdatter
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:22 AM

I'm really enjoying the story so far. Imoen is very in character: I always imagined she would take care of the PC whenever she could - as it is in your story - instead of just being helpless. I also like how you deal with inconvieniences of an adventurer's life. Most fanfiction writers tend to ignore facts like 'it is impossible to sleep in a platemail' and so on; you include and explain it, which makes the story real. It is great how you go into details of disarming traps or casting spells, too - for the same reason.
I never thought I would like anything about Mondays, but you managed to change my mind about this now - not - so - dreadful day :). Thanks!

#5 JasonOne

JasonOne
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

I also enjoy to hear the Crumbling Down. I feel the spirit of music and I hope you'll keep us updated here. With regards to the story, I hope you'll post it here the updates as soon as possible so that our excitement will be worth waiting. Thank you!

Edited by JasonOne, 06 July 2009 - 04:29 AM.

#6 tcdale

tcdale
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

I'm really enjoying the story so far. Imoen is very in character: I always imagined she would take care of the PC whenever she could - as it is in your story - instead of just being helpless. I also like how you deal with inconvieniences of an adventurer's life. Most fanfiction writers tend to ignore facts like 'it is impossible to sleep in a platemail' and so on; you include and explain it, which makes the story real. It is great how you go into details of disarming traps or casting spells, too - for the same reason.
I never thought I would like anything about Mondays, but you managed to change my mind about this now - not - so - dreadful day :). Thanks!

Thanks! I've taken to calling my style of fiction "realistic fantasy", although I'm not sure if that's a real genre, because of my love of small details like that. I know I don't get everything right, but I do try to at least make it believable. Magic has a system; locks have mechanisms; armor and swordfighting works a certain way. I think the little details make it more interesting and show a more devoted level of author than just "And they're all dressed in platemail, and they all go to sleep and sleep soundly the entire night."

I'm glad you're liking it :rolleyes: I hope you continue to check back every Monday! [hint hint]
TC Dale: Fantasy & Fiction
- Original female-oriented fantasy and fiction works -
- Baldur's Gate (I/SOA/TOB) fan fiction -

#7 tcdale

tcdale
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! (That is: hi!)

I'm revamping my website and just got all of Crumbling Down transferred over. I'm in the process of transferring over the comments, and I was wondering -- would anyone be terribly upset if I took the comments made *here*, and re-posted them on the website in the appropriate chapters of CD? If you mind, please drop me a note before December 27th (that's two weeks). Otherwise, I'll assume you're cool with it, and copy them over. If I do copy them over and you change your mind later (or you didn't read this before 27 Dec), let me know and I'll remove them again.
TC Dale: Fantasy & Fiction
- Original female-oriented fantasy and fiction works -
- Baldur's Gate (I/SOA/TOB) fan fiction -

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users