Photo

feedback request

5 replies to this topic

#1 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4140 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:39 AM

I seem to be getting basically no bug reports for v2 - I'm interested if that means no-one's playing it, or people are playing it but not running into problems.

And if people are playing it, I'd also be interested in how they're finding the content.

#2 Guest_Aspirant_*

Guest_Aspirant_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:45 AM

David,

I'm currently finishing up a BG1 run through with the Geomantic Sorceror; when I finish I've been intending to pick this up for BG2 TOB, largely because the TOB portion of the game is so... dry.

It'll be a week or two, but I promise you SOME feedback.

#3 Guest!

Guest!
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:30 AM

Wrong thread. Sorrowful sorries!

Edited by Guest!, 29 April 2009 - 02:38 AM.

#4 zixi

zixi
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

I played ToB with WoP when you first released it. I'd started with SoA and played all the way through and I remember even now how much I loved it and I posted my enthusiasm to the forum. I thought the additions were excellent and I loved the reinstatement of the grove by K'aeloree (see I remembered!).

So this is kind of an odd post of praise because I've just played ToB *without* Wheels... and I didn't start with SoA either. And I can assure you I missed the changes. The time in the grove seems odd without K's additions and it never really makes sense. Balthazar is irritating without the additional content; the dialogue effectively consists of: I'm going to kill you even if I don't think you're as bad as the others - so there... As for Melissan, even my credulity is stretched beyond breaking point in the original ToB, so again I liked the impact of Wheels.

I've just started again with SoA and intend to play through ToB as well this time with the Wheels back on so I'll make a note of any issues but tbh I can't remember any last time round... I just remember being bowled over by it and I disagreed with you over the impact it had. I thought it made a very big difference to the feel of ToB.

I truly hope that people *are* playing it - I'm sure they are - and either there are no bugs or we're all too engrossed to report them.

BTW the only reason I didn't run it this time was because I wanted to play the Sarevok romance and having started with a clean install I was too impatient to put the Wheels back on! However, I'm glad I didn't because it really brought home to me that my enthusiasm last time round was spot on!

Sorry for going on and on and on and for being a few months late! :)

#5 Sister Vigilante

Sister Vigilante

enfant terrible

• Modders
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

I seem to be getting basically no bug reports for v2 - I'm interested if that means no-one's playing it, or people are playing it but not running into problems.

And if people are playing it, I'd also be interested in how they're finding the content.

Hey! I know it's a bit late, but I just finished my first playthrough in quite some time (and probably my last for quite some time) with WoP installed, and I enjoyed it immensely. As others have said, the writing integrates seamlessly into the game. The extra options with Melissan after Yaga-Shura's death were *so* satisfying, and best of all it didn't seem forced, because it just makes use of what was already in the game (what Gromnir and the talking heads said)

There were a few bugs, but I suspect it's my faulty Mac install; they were consistent with bugs I experienced elsewhere (ex. Balthazar just standing there while I fought Melissan, Abazigal not dying and having to be crtl-y'd) Also I find that the altered timing of events messes a bit with Angelo's lovetalks, but it still makes enough sense that I don't consider this an issue

Great work! Thanks so much!

-SV
"Work while you have the light, before the darkness comes during which no one can work." --John 9:4

Check out my webzone
My Youtube channel

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#6 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Judging from how often WoP shows it's presence in various Weidu.logs around various boards, I'd say people use it. I see WoP as mandatory, but I've been following DavidW since before he became member of G3, and thus any mod made by David is mandatory to me :)

Cheers
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users