Shards of Ice "Summon Cow" Incompatibility

6 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

I've found if summon cow is installed, you can't properly install berelinde's Lucy mod. I can't seem to attach files, so I'll send the needed replacement files to her via e-mail.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Received the files. Thanks!

I can't make the changes until after 2/14, but stuff that includes code gets priority!

Gods, how I love the flexibility of WeiDU. I have gained a new appreciation for it, after a sojurn in NWN2-land, where everything has to be overwritten.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberlings
  • 1718 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

Going from the title, I was hoping this was going to be a joke post.

#4 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

Only to a degree. I don't know if the "summon cow" spell was ever meant to be a serious endeavor. Lucy the Wyven certainly wasn't.

The latter was a joke mod, thrown together in 45 minutes, including testing, that allowed the player to interact in specific way with Lucy, the wyvern in the Adventure Mart. Basically, it came about because one of the forum regulars at SHS jokingly said that he wanted a mod that would turn Lucy into a cheerleader if you kissed her. I think I threw in a little more dialogue than that, but that was the gist of it. It isn't something you'd want to have on every install, but it's a fun way to throw in a little variety.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Only to a degree. I don't know if the "summon cow" spell was ever meant to be a serious endeavor. Lucy the Wyven certainly wasn't.

The latter was a joke mod, thrown together in 45 minutes, including testing, that allowed the player to interact in specific way with Lucy, the wyvern in the Adventure Mart. Basically, it came about because one of the forum regulars at SHS jokingly said that he wanted a mod that would turn Lucy into a cheerleader if you kissed her. I think I threw in a little more dialogue than that, but that was the gist of it. It isn't something you'd want to have on every install, but it's a fun way to throw in a little variety.

Sadly, "Summon Cow" makes an appearance in NTotSC. I may need to take it out, and provide the party with a more useful scroll.

#6 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

It seems there is always an incompatibility between Shards of Ice and Lucy the Wyvern.
French players reported that the summon cow spell is the reason (but I'm not sure they're right), and someone reported that Shards of Ice change the name of the dialog's file of Lucy, to force the shop dialog.

I don't know if you can do something with this...
Coordinator of the French Translation Team " Les d'Oghmatiques", with Galathée and Isaya.
Translations' coordination (done): A mod for the Orderly, Anishai, BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, BGQE, Divine Remix, Geomantic Sorcerer Kit, Item Upgade for IWD, Level 1 NPCs, Mur'Neth, NPC Kit Pack, PsT TweakPack, Romantic Encounters, Sarah, Shards of Ice, Song and Silence, Sorcerer's Place Collection, Spell Revisions, Sword and Fist, Sword Coast Stratagems I & II, Widescreen
Translations' coordination (in progress): Alternatives, Gavin NPC

#7 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

In theory, I could. I wrote Lucy and do sporadic maintenance on Shards.

There are many kinds of incompatiblity, however. I'm not sure what this one is. My mod has Lucy turn into a human and leave, so if the wyvern is supposed to act as a merchant, that would be a problem. There's a workaround, however. I can always make her reappear later as a wyvern again and say that the kiss wore off.

I'll look at Shards and see what, exactly, it does with our scaly friend.
Must. Write. Faster.

berelinde's mods

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users