Community Filename Prefix Reservations

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4120 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

...and the master table is back up. An archive copy as been pinned at the top of this forum, but please note - the best and most efficient way of making sure mods don't mess with other mods and with vanilla game resources is to register a prefix at BWL.

I agree with the general sentiment, but as a matter of pedantry, vanilla game resources don't care if you register a prefix or not ???

#47 cmorgan

cmorgan

journeyman investigator

• Gibberlings
  • 6913 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

Yep - should be clearer - "if you don't check the list of registered prefixes and the vanilla game resources naming, there will be suboptimal results" ???
I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. - Douglas Adams

#48 Zireael07

Zireael07
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

I use 'ZI' as my prefix and my friend picollo uses 'PI#' - could those be added to the master list, as I don't have an account at BWL and (I think) neither does he?

#49 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Members
  • 5631 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

You can register as a visitor and post in the BWL thread. We need to have one list, or there will be chaos. So BWL list it is.

#50 cmorgan

cmorgan

journeyman investigator

• Gibberlings
  • 6913 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=21873

This is an archive of Community Prefix reservations for the i.e. modding community. The official list is maintained at BWL by Baronius.

community_prefix_020601.htm

The source topic and discussion here at G3 can be found here .

If you are looking to register your prefix, post, email, or otherwise contact Baronius at forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=113 to register, so that mods don't accidentally mess with each other.

This list is for archival purposes only.

http://forums.gibber...s...st&p=181942

..and the master table is back up. An archive copy as been pinned at the top of this forum, but please note - the best and most efficient way of making sure mods don't mess with other mods and with vanilla game resources is to register a prefix at BWL. Having more than one 'official' registration site defeats the purpose of making sure unique prefixes are used/available. This thread is *not* the place to register prefixes - requests to do so will be cheerfully ignored smile.gif

Unless BWL goes offline permanently (as defined by a period spanning months, not weeks) or registration as a visitor begins to require a fee, then the answer you will get at PPG, at SHS, and at G3 (and I am pretty sure at CoM) will be "we have one list, one maintainer". Evidence of the strong need for this can be found in the fact that the community hosting it does not always play nicely with others, yet we are all saying "this is Baronius' territory - he volunteered and took over the list".

Please register your prefixes at BWL. It will help other modders avoid messing with your stuff accidentally.

Edited by cmorgan, 21 March 2011 - 04:58 AM.

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. - Douglas Adams

#51 Zireael07

Zireael07
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

You can register as a visitor and post in the BWL thread. We need to have one list, or there will be chaos. So BWL list it is.

Register as a visitor? I don't understand...

#52 the bigg

the bigg

The Avatar of F/Ts

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 2317 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Over at BWL, registered users who don't pay 5$ to upgrade their membership are called visitors and can only register a prefix and browse a couple of other threads.
Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#53 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3734 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Over at BWL, registered users who don't pay 5$ to upgrade their membership are called visitors and can only register a prefix and browse a couple of other threads.

Well, they can post in more than a few threads... but the posts will only show up when the site managers wishes them to, if they wish them to, so ...
Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

#54 StrongArmand

StrongArmand
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yes, I've tried to post in order to give back a map that I've posted in their forum but all my post have disappeared mysteriously. Managers manage, visitor visit and me I waiting. Still...

Edited by StrongArmand, 21 March 2011 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users