Photo

Not dead yet...

16 replies to this topic

#1 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson
  • Modders
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:14 AM

I realize I've gone beyond the pale, but I'm planning a comeback (not necessarily a big comeback, but you never know). I'll try to make the Beta stuff more open so others can pick up on it if they want.

-Fred

#2 Icendoan

Icendoan

King of Parsing Errors

• Modders
  • 1704 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

Cool, good to know that it isn't dead. Yet.

Icen
Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo
Posted Image

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 5047 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

Yes, nice to hear from you, FredSRichardson!

#4 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3868 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

Welcome back, good to see you around again.
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#5 Zamael

Zamael
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Good sir, there are no words to tell how happy I am about this.

Can't wait to get and try out your work.

Edited by Zamael, 04 November 2008 - 09:54 PM.

#6 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

I'm happy to know it.
Now, with Icewind Dale Tutu and the characters created by Kulyok, there's a good reason for starting a new game! :)

Edited by Giuseppe, 05 November 2008 - 09:36 AM.

#7 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson
  • Modders
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

I can't promise compatibility with anything. The mod will require a lot of custom hacking. The reason being that 3.0E is so different from the old system.

It might take me a little while to get my head back into the game. The first thing I'll do is make a public beta release, so anyone brave enough can try it (at their own risk! I'll try to putting warning in bold).

First I want to make sure the installation still works. I don't think I've tried a full install from scratch recently.

-Fred

#8 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson
  • Modders
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:38 AM

Okay, the resurrection is beginning. I've made the beta open (see pinned topic for details).

#9 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:51 AM

I can't promise compatibility with anything. The mod will require a lot of custom hacking. The reason being that 3.0E is so different from the old system.

It might take me a little while to get my head back into the game. The first thing I'll do is make a public beta release, so anyone brave enough can try it (at their own risk! I'll try to putting warning in bold).

First I want to make sure the installation still works. I don't think I've tried a full install from scratch recently.

-Fred

I see.

When I have some free time, I wont' hesitate to test it with a clean installation.

Thank you very much for your hard work :)

#10 Guest_Poetic Icewind_*

Guest_Poetic Icewind_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

I for one am looking forward to this. I haven't finished the game as yet (I am really enjoying my very first run through of IWD :( ), but it would be fun to replay in 3rd edition rules at some point in the future.

#11 Guest_Sn4tcH_*

Guest_Sn4tcH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

I am SO glad to hear this isn't dead. I just got back into older RPGs, and after hearing that there was mod that converted BG1 > BG2, then SURELY there must be a mod to convert IWD > IWD2.

Looking forward to the completion of this fantastic mod.

#12 Guest_coineineagh_*

Guest_coineineagh_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

I *really* hope that this mod will be applicable with IWD2 mods. I tried the Icewind Gate 2 conversion by weimer, and my IWD2 mods worked fine with it, although some just wouldn't work (druid can't cast spells allowed by mods anymore).
If IWD1tutu is build in the same way, I have high hopes:)

#13 cewander

cewander
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

I am glad to see this is still alive, still looking forward to it.

*Is running on my last crate of Potions of Patience™*

#14 FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson
  • Modders
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hey Cewander,

It's great to hear from you! Sorry I've been so inactive on this project. I've been distracted by work, some newer flashier games and Diablo II (so oddly addictive). I also have a recent computer death to deal with (but I think/hope the drive is fine).

I promise to give it another go, if I can convince anyone to try playing through it more than once :blush:

-Fred

#15 Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hey Cewander,

It's great to hear from you! Sorry I've been so inactive on this project. I've been distracted by work, some newer flashier games and Diablo II (so oddly addictive). I also have a recent computer death to deal with (but I think/hope the drive is fine).

I promise to give it another go, if I can convince anyone to try playing through it more than once :hm:

-Fred

Is there any updates for this mod? Myself and many friends have been anticipating trying it when it was first posted. I know alot fans that would give it more than one try. :thumbsup:
....the last of the Free Companies of Khatovar....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users