Photo

BG1 Tweaks

69 replies to this topic

#31 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Any idea what could cause something like this? Thanks.

Well, start by --change-log'ging the "skillrng.2da" -file.

OK, it says:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"
override/skillrng.2da
override/skillrng.2da bg1tweaks/backup/2030/skillrng.2da

Mods affecting SKILLRNG.2DA:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG_FIXPACK/SETUP-BG_FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 36 // Prologue & Beyond: Multiple 2da file fixes: 0.0013
00001: ~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2030 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: 3

The file itself says

2DA V1.0
			STEALTH
1		   15		   
2		   21
3		   27
4		   33
5		   40
6		   47
7		   55
8		   62
9		   70
10		  78
11		  86
12		  94
13		  99
14		  99
15		  99
16		  99
17		  99
18		  99
19		  99

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

I am playing BG1 (5 disc version) with TotSC as well, the official TotSC patch, the BG1 Tweaks version 3, and the BG1 Fixpack found here:

http://sasha-altheri...gatefixpack.htm

Overall it has been a very smooth experience. I have noticed one odd thing, though: Minsc's Stealth is only 10%. It started at 10% at level 1, he is now level 8, and it is still 10% (20% if he puts on the gloves that give you 18 Dexterity). I leveled him up seven times over the course of the game, and his Stealth never increased, and indeed started below the 25% it is supposed to. I have tried taking off all his equipment, to no effect.

I have googled around a bit and have seen no other reports of this problem.

Allow stealth in heavy armour from bg1 tweaks?

#33 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi,

I am playing BG1 (5 disc version) with TotSC as well, the official TotSC patch, the BG1 Tweaks version 3, and the BG1 Fixpack found here:

http://sasha-altheri...gatefixpack.htm

Overall it has been a very smooth experience. I have noticed one odd thing, though: Minsc's Stealth is only 10%. It started at 10% at level 1, he is now level 8, and it is still 10% (20% if he puts on the gloves that give you 18 Dexterity). I leveled him up seven times over the course of the game, and his Stealth never increased, and indeed started below the 25% it is supposed to. I have tried taking off all his equipment, to no effect.

I have googled around a bit and have seen no other reports of this problem.

Allow stealth in heavy armour from bg1 tweaks?

I didn't install that tweak.

Also even with no armor, his stealth is 10%.

#34 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

I installed "Party members don't fight" and in my last game, Atjantis attacked Viconia and did damage several times. I was able to get control of the characters and stop the fight each time.

The party included a variety of good and evil characters throughout the game and this was the only actual fighting I saw. Minsc and Edwin did not fight for example (Dynaheir was, er, absent from the party).

#35 grogerson

grogerson

Blithering Idiot and BG1 Tweaks Scavanger

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

I installed "Party members don't fight" and in my last game, Atjantis attacked Viconia and did damage several times. I was able to get control of the characters and stop the fight each time.

The party included a variety of good and evil characters throughout the game and this was the only actual fighting I saw. Minsc and Edwin did not fight for example (Dynaheir was, er, absent from the party).

I can't speak for Minsc's stealth locked at 10%, but this one I will look into. Alway run with a paladin so see no need for Ajantis.

Just out of curiosity, did they leave the party and begin fighting (standard action) or did one or both remain in party? Might help me track down the cause.

And thanks for the feedback :cool: .
It is an outrage that they should be commonly spoken of as Intellectuals. This gives them the chance to say that he who attacks them attacks Intelligence. It is not so. . . . It is not excess of thought but defect of fertile and generous emotion that marks them out. Their heads are no bigger than the ordinary: it is the atrophy of the chest beneath that makes them seem so.

And all the time, such is the tragi-comedy of our situation, we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. . . . In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.

C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

#36 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for your work on the Tweak Pack.

They did not leave the party. I was scouting someplace else with my main character and I heard Ajantis' voice say something about not tolerating her evil any longer or the equivalent, and suddenly Viconia's portrait had red on it and she cried out. I clicked back over there and took control of them. They never left my control nor did their portraits disappear from the list. Both had green circles.

It happened again later and I don't recall the exact circumstances but again they never left the party, Ajantis just swing and hit Viconia suddenly. I just paused and gave them movement orders and that was the end of it.

#37 grogerson

grogerson

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for your work on the Tweak Pack.

:cool:

They did not leave the party. I was scouting someplace else with my main character and I heard Ajantis' voice say something about not tolerating her evil any longer or the equivalent, and suddenly Viconia's portrait had red on it and she cried out. I clicked back over there and took control of them. They never left my control nor did their portraits disappear from the list. Both had green circles.

It happened again later and I don't recall the exact circumstances but again they never left the party, Ajantis just swing and hit Viconia suddenly. I just paused and gave them movement orders and that was the end of it.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I need to review Ajantis' dialogs and block that trigger for the next update/version (though it may be a while for that).
It is an outrage that they should be commonly spoken of as Intellectuals. This gives them the chance to say that he who attacks them attacks Intelligence. It is not so. . . . It is not excess of thought but defect of fertile and generous emotion that marks them out. Their heads are no bigger than the ordinary: it is the atrophy of the chest beneath that makes them seem so.

And all the time, such is the tragi-comedy of our situation, we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. . . . In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.

#38 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

Incidentally, I am playing a new game, after a totally fresh install etc.

Kivan, at level 4, has Stealth 25%.

This is without Sasha's fixpack so I know that isn't causing the problem this time (last time. the problem was Minsc stuck at 10%). Kivan has a Dex of 17 (+5%) and is an Elf (+10%) so I suspect his base Stealth is even lower - 10%, same as Minsc in the prior game.

This was a totally clean uninstall/delete the Black Isle folder/install from CD/patch/Baldurdash/TextUpdate/Unfinished Business/G3 Tweaks.

Last time, with Minsc also stuck at 10%, I was not using Baldurdash, nor Unfinished Business, nor TextUpdates because I was using Sasha's Fixpack.

The only thing in common between the two installs appears to be the game CDs, the official patches, and the G3 Tweaks.

So unless my official patches and/or CDs are corrupted somehow, I have to think the Tweaks is causing this Ranger Stealth problem - starts at 10% and never goes up with leveling (though it is affected by items like Boots of Stealth).

#39 plainab

plainab

Sasha al'Therin

• Members
  • 1717 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

i think i found out a possible reason for the stealth abilities being off...

in the the sub-component Remove Cap of the component Change XP Cap

The BG vanilla & ToTSC file skillrng.2da gets replaced with the BG2 version. Please note the differences.
BG/ToTSC: skillrng.2da
2DA V1.0
			STEALTH
1		   15		   
2		   20
3		   27
<snip>

BG2: skillrng.2da from tweak mod directory
2DA V1.0
			MOVE_SILENTLY
1		   15
2		   20
3		   27
<snip>

Note how in the BG/Totsc file the column is called STEALTH whereas in the BG2 version it is called MOVE_SILENTLY. The problem is here. BG/ToTSC isn't getting any data from the file for stealth because the heading is incorrect. BG2 split stealth into two categories MOVE_SILENTLY and HIDE_IN_SHADOWS.

If you have this particular component/subcomponent installed, please try it without and see if the problem gets fixed.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#40 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

Nice sleuthing, but it sounds like I can't test the theory without starting a new game (again!) which I just can't stomach after all these restarts halfway into Chapter 3. I do have the XP cap removed from Tweaks (and it did make a difference last game, as I tend to dual class).

I recently got Horror (which malfunctioned last game), and Raise Dead (scroll, never had one in BG1 before) which I will test as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

#41 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

As noted in this post

http://forums.gibber...s...st&p=191266

Horror still doesn't work, even with my new install.

To clarify, it works when someone casts it on me, but when I cast it monsters (gnolls for example) their circles turn yellow, they list Panic as their action (or make their save) but still close in and melee aggressively as if nothing is affecting them. The battle was in the open as usual and they had plenty of places to run.

#42 grogerson

grogerson

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Nice sleuthing, but it sounds like I can't test the theory without starting a new game (again!) which I just can't stomach after all these restarts halfway into Chapter 3. I do have the XP cap removed from Tweaks (and it did make a difference last game, as I tend to dual class).

I recently got Horror (which malfunctioned last game), and Raise Dead (scroll, never had one in BG1 before) which I will test as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

You can fix it without starting a new game - just change the skillrng.2da as plainab pointed out. It should be in your override folder and can be opened in notepad, Context or Near Infinity. Since the ranger skills are referenced to this file it should make the change to all your saved games. It will also verify this was indeed the problem.

And thanks, plainab. That's another fix for the next version...

(File changed locally. I'll check it out when I do my next walk-through.)

Edited by grogerson, 30 September 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#43 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

I just tried it (replacing MOVE_SILENTLY with STEALTH) in the specified file in the Override folder. Kivan is still 25% Stealth at Level 5. Is this the kind of thing it only checks on level-up, like fixing Kagain's saving throws to take his Dwarven CON into account?

#44 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Yes, it appears it checks it on level-up. I did a CLUA Console SetCurrentXP enough to make Kivan level up twice and his Stealth jumped to 80% at level 7 (including DX and racial bonuses) when I leveled him up.

#45 chuft

chuft
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

Now that I look at the table again, it should only be 55% at level 7 plus racial and Dex bonuses, for a total of 70%. Appears an extra 10% is being added on for some reason. Maybe a left over from that weird 10% value it was using originally due to the table being unreadable.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users