11 replies to this topic

#1 cirerrek

cirerrek

Voiceless bilabial plosive

• Gibberlings
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

Note from the Old Managment re the New Management:

I haven't been very active for quite a while. A family with two beautiful daughters will eat into your free time something fierce and to be honest they are more interesting than videogames anyway.

Given my lack of time and inclination to continue modding for the IE games I've asked the redoubtable DavidW to take over administration of eSeries and gMinion and he has graciously accepted.

He has done a bang up job on the SCS series, so I know he has the skills to keep the eSeries and gMinion running smoothly, iron out compatability issues, and perhaps one day dive under the hood for some long overdue improvements.

So if you have any questions regarding to the eSeries or gMinion, you can still post them in this forum, but expect to get an answer from DavidW or other community members.

It has been grand!

Thanks,
Cirerrek

Edited by cirerrek, 12 May 2008 - 07:01 PM.

Cirerrek

Be sure not to dive into the shallow end of your imagination - Grover

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

Eric, say you're not leaving us! :p Just not actively modding, right?
Der Tag beginnt in der Mittel am Nacht, immer. -- Peter Wendl
================================================================
Community Contributions
a directory of Mega-Installation Guides * Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision

#3 Chev

Chev

Knight of the Realms

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for your hard work!

#4 Nythrun

Nythrun

Long since out to pasture

• Modders
  • 1761 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

It's the very best of reasons to move on.

Congratulations.
"You tell lies, too."
"Not I." The witch laughed; her laughter was clear and yet unpleasant. "I used to as a child, I confess. But I soon found the truth more disconcerting."

#5 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

All the best to you!

You'll be missed, but, as Nythrun says, there's no better reason to pass on the torch.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#6 aVENGER_(RR)

aVENGER_(RR)

Sneaksie!

• Fixpackers
  • 1008 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:55 PM

Best wishes mate, and thanks for all of your work on Detectable Spells. It's greatly appreciated.
Retired modder

Rogue Rebalancing - Author
aTweaks - Author
Wizard Slayer Rebalancing - Co-Author
BG2 Fixpack - Contributor

#7 cirerrek

cirerrek

Voiceless bilabial plosive

• Gibberlings
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

Eric, say you're not leaving us! :p Just not actively modding, right?

Not actively modding is correct. I'm officially applying for Lurker status at the union hall.

One of the benefits of parenthood is that I do get to corrupt my own kids, so I'll definitely plan on introducing them to IE games after they get the whole reading thing down.

Now keep fixing those bugs and turning out new content so they have something to keep them enertained!

Thanks everyone :p

Edited by cirerrek, 13 May 2008 - 09:50 AM.

Cirerrek

Be sure not to dive into the shallow end of your imagination - Grover

#8 Bearwere

Bearwere
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:48 AM

One of the benefits of parenthood is that I do get to corrput my own kids, so I'll definitely plan on introducing them to IE games after they get the whole reading thing down.

hahaha, "hereditary IE player/modder" sounds really fun=). Good luck to you on that.

#9 cmorgan

cmorgan

journeyman investigator

• Gibberlings
  • 6913 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

Cool stuff, man - the Scotch is definitely on me when I finally get to swing down your way. Or, more family friendly orange juice and milk!
I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. - Douglas Adams

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4749 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

Cool stuff, man - the Scotch is definitely on me when I finally get to swing down your way. Or, more family friendly orange juice and milk!

Nonsense... scotch is for kids too. Why do you think they're all so bloody mad in Scotland?

Ye gods of scripting... I'm surprised DavidW has time to maintain this on top of his other projects and RL, but best of luck to both of you.
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#11 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4143 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Nonsense... scotch is for kids too. Why do you think they're all so bloody mad in Scotland?

Ye gods of scripting... I'm surprised DavidW has time to maintain this on top of his other projects and RL, but best of luck to both of you.

Well, let's not get carried away with how much time I'll have, but I can probably manage to keep an eye on it.

#12 Salk

Salk
  • Members
  • 2380 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

A big thanks to Cirerrek and a good luck to DavidW for this new responsability.

I am a big fan of GMinion so I won't miss future updates!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users