Jump to content


First ideas


24 replies to this topic

#16 BobTokyo

  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:38 AM

None of the PSM quests are timed (as far as I can tell), including the ones that should be. :groucho:

One good way to reduce overlap would be to have the "joining" take place in Teos' initial dialog with the player. All of the original PS quests and any extra PSM quests would then wait for the player's return to the sphere, while the new Cowled quests took place outside. Some of the original PS quests have a time component, but it's an issue of coming back to your Aprenti too soon rather than too late.

#17 Valheru

    Mr

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:UK - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:04 AM

I thought of that but there is a MOD out at the moment called Planar Sphere MOD and in that you sort of join the Cowled Wizards through Teos so I do not wan't to look like we are copying or anything.

I though the MOD could be a seperate stronghold so like others the planar sphere will not be available because lets face it, the Bhaalspawn is being used by the Cowled Wizards.

Edited by Valheru, 06 August 2004 - 02:02 AM.


#18 hlidskialf

  • Fixpackers
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

Valheru, on Jul 20 2004, 04:09 AM, said:

I thgough of that but there is a MOD out at the moment called Planar Sphere MOD and in that you sort of join the Cowled Wizards through Teos so I do not wan't to look like we are copying or anything.
That's the mod BobTokyo and I had been referring too. PSM = PlanarSphereMod.

#19 SimDing0

    Extremely cute and fluffy and lovely.

  • Fixpackers
  • 1319 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:55 AM

I'd discourage placing too much emphasis on compatibility with PSM. My recommendation would be to assimilate (and improve) the better parts of PSM (the Cowled Wizards making more extensive use of the stronghold, and so on) and scrap the worse bits. This would render it incompatible with the original version, obviously, but at little great loss.

Because quite honestly, Melanthium is THE worst thing I've seen in any mod. Ever.

#20 BobTokyo

  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:00 AM

SimDing0, on Jul 26 2004, 08:00 AM, said:

I'd discourage placing too much emphasis on compatibility with PSM. My recommendation would be to assimilate (and improve) the better parts of PSM (the Cowled Wizards making more extensive use of the stronghold, and so on) and scrap the worse bits. This would render it incompatible with the original version, obviously, but at little great loss.

Because quite honestly, Melanthium is THE worst thing I've seen in any mod. Ever.
Oddly enough, as a strong supporter of the PSM, I mostly agree with this. Either that or re-write M's story line.

#21 Userunfriendly

    Resplendent Beta-Tester of Madness!

  • Members
  • 868 posts
  • Location:Seattle

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:12 PM

Smarmy Familiars

(not serious) Fairy dragon punches Firkraag and kills it...
Aerie: WOW...gotta be the Familiar Chow...

familiar: Whew...it sure stinks in here...what you got in here anyway? dead rat?

familiar: hey master/mistress, wanna hear my Lilacor impersonation? Lets find your superiors in the cowled wizards, and blast them with fireballs! Then lets find their superiors and electrocute them with lightning bolts! Then lets find the six and dehydrate them with horrid wiltings! Spell cast your way to fame and glory!!!

if imp: Hello there, shiny and sleek.
Cespenar: Wow! hey, you female?
imp: urm, not sure.
pc: Not sure? how can you be not sure?
imp: well, its kinda hard to tell with abyssial plane creatures. We don't develop until we reach certain maturity. Typically around 1000 years old.
cespy: so how old are you, pretty?
imp: 100
cespy: shite!

#22 Valheru

    Mr

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:UK - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 06 August 2004 - 02:06 AM

I think it would be better if the Perils of Wisdom stayed seperate to the planar sphere.

#23 Mongoose87

  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Location:North Bay, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

Lots of things would be for the better. But look at this palce, modding anyways. :( :p

#24 Valheru

    Mr

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:UK - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:33 AM

hlidskialf, on Jul 20 2004, 04:22 AM, said:

That's the mod BobTokyo and I had been referring too. PSM = PlanarSphereMod.
Yeah, umm my lack observing the obvious overwhelms me.

#25 BobTokyo

  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:31 AM

Valheru, on Aug 12 2004, 01:38 AM, said:

hlidskialf, on Jul 20 2004, 04:22 AM, said:

That's the mod BobTokyo and I had been referring too. PSM = PlanarSphereMod.
Yeah, umm my lack observing the obvious overwhelms me.
Incidently, expect that mod to get a major overhaul in the next 3-4 months.




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users