ToB news

105 replies to this topic

#1 Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• Gibberlings
  • 1987 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:13 AM

As I was browsing the material I have for Amber's ToB portion an idea occurred to me.
Why not release a ToB banter pack, as I already have quite few banters ready*. I've heard the many players have taken Amber from SoA to ToB as a silent companion and this would bring at least a some life to her. Of course I would have to set aside any banters that deal with the relationship between Charname and Amber. Possibly this pack could also contain some of the interjections.

* written, not proofread or coded.

Anyhow, at this point the ToB main talk track consists of 12 talks, two miniquests (one of them is only for the romance path), a bunch of floating talks and interjections. Like in SoA the player will have click talk options (both on quests and personal matters) and flirts. Both romances should have three epilogues and the friendship path two. Some of this is actually written and some is yet just planned, but I looking forward in getting something done during the summer.

Edited by Meira, 26 July 2008 - 03:51 AM.

Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#2 Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:08 AM

Good idea!
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#3 Domi

Where is now your Troy, O Cassandra?

• Gibberlings
  • 12294 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:31 AM

Hi Meira,

You know, one of the biggest things that made me adore Amber was just how complete and immaculate the mod was in SoA even in the beta version. Summer is only 2 or 3 months away, so if you foresee time coming then, I'd suggest you hold off on the rush descisions, and instead match the perfect track of Amber SoA. I'd rtaher you cut down on the total amount of material, but released another near final version publically than fractured the content :( In the tired world of BG2 it's probably the better idea.

Edited by Domi, 24 April 2008 - 06:32 AM.

Faster. Faster. Faster would be better. -Mal Reynolds, Serenity
I understand that folks prefer code that works. -CamDawg, G3

#4 Garza

Mentally Unstable

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Vote for full-fledged release.
No matter when, just do it of the same great quality :(

#5 Guest_Severance_*

• Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

hrrmm... hardly worth it, I'd have to revert to an old save file once the romance was released. Best to get it all in one well rounded chunk I think.

#6 justthisguy

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:46 AM

Take your time, Amber is worth it :(

#7 Guest_Inspired_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'll wait full Amber for ToB and it's gonna be the last time i'll finish BG2 with ToB ... been playing for almost 8 years and tryed almost everything =)

#8 BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3861 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:39 PM

Aye, I think the Full Amber would be the way to go. If you release piecemeal you're only going to get puppy-eyed requests for the next bit, and the next bit, and so on. :(
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#9 Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• Gibberlings
  • 1987 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Okay, you guys aren't settling for crumbs off the table. And that's good, I suppose. :( So, I browesed the Tob material, and the good news is that's there's more material ready than I thought and it's good for most parts. Dark but good. For SoA I threw to the bin so much soap!

The bad news is that there is still much to be written :D Gaps to be filled mostly, but still...

Edited by Meira, 27 April 2008 - 01:05 AM.

Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#10 Domi

Where is now your Troy, O Cassandra?

• Gibberlings
  • 12294 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

That's really good news :( I wish you inspiration and time.
Faster. Faster. Faster would be better. -Mal Reynolds, Serenity
I understand that folks prefer code that works. -CamDawg, G3

#11 Mahokenshi

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

News on the Amber mod?

Then there is great rejoicing. Yay. :D

I agree with others; i say just release the whole thing in one go when it's done. If you'll have time to work on it over the summer, then do that, rather than coding up piecemeal bits of it for release. :(

#12 Smoketest

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

Have to agree; take your time. I've been downloading updates as they happen, but I'm not going to play this mod until it includes ToB content. In the meantime I have much to keep me busy.

Edited by Smoketest, 02 May 2008 - 04:26 PM.

#13 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

Any news for Amber ToB ? any date set yet ? pretty plz...hungry puppy waiting :)

#14 Guest_bdbg2_*

• Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

I just want to add my voice as another player looking forward to the TOB part of this great mod. Thanks for your continuing efforts for this "old" game: BG2 continues to provide more fun than most if not all of the new games with their fancy graphics.

#15 Cal Jones

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:42 AM

And indeed it is. I haven't played Amber yet (I'm fairly new to mods, to be honest) but will definitely give her a whirl once her ToB content is in.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users