QuickFix on the Vault!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Domi

Where is now your Troy, O Cassandra?

• Gibberlings
  • 12293 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:47 AM

LATEST EDITS:

Another attempt at fixing the scripts and dialogues: I have uploaded 2 fixes on the Vault: one for dialogues (Veedle, some small corrections) and one - for the scripts (Marcus, SIx Sisters, etc). If you chose to use those, I would like to hear back if it fixes any problems. I am particulary worried about the LT5 (after the Trial). Please, let me know immediately if it causes the cutscene to 'never end'. I like this talk, but it could be that I will have to let it go or 'push' it into the Player-initiated dialogues.

OLD:

I have made a quick update to the module:

1) Main module download is upgraded to V1.1 and includes the fixed dialogue files. ReplaceDLG is still available for those running V01, so no need to re-download anything. The new users will now only have to dl one file (V1.1)

2) Saved game now includes Merchant Quarter Z file, so keeping my fingers corssed that it will help you to play through Chapter 2 if you are trying to use the save.

3) Both large downloads are changed to 7z compression format from rar.

OBSOLETE: I finally managed to get clued in into an issue a few people reported earlier - sorry for being so dense!- and uploaded a hot fix to make sure that 4 dialogues are working properly. I also tried yet again to address the issue of the flirts - hopefully they will work much slower now. Please, if you are playing with Bishop's romance, upload the fix at the Vault:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2M...tail&id=201

The file is called Replace_DLG and the instructions are there in the file description.

Edited by Domi, 17 June 2008 - 12:53 AM.

Faster. Faster. Faster would be better. -Mal Reynolds, Serenity
I understand that folks prefer code that works. -CamDawg, G3

#2 Domi

• Gibberlings
  • 12293 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:43 AM

I have made a quick update to the module:

1) Main module download is upgraded to V1.1 and includes the fixed dialogue files. ReplaceDLG is still available for those running V01, so no need to re-download anything. The new users will now only have to dl one file (V1.1)

2) Saved game now includes Merchant Quarter Z file, so keeping my fingers corssed that it will help you to play through Chapter 2 if you are trying to use the save.

3) Both large downloads are changed to 7z compression format from rar.

#3 SimiParthenopaeus

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

Well, i wanted to download the quickfix... but the Vault has been giving me problems lately o.O I have no issues whatoever with any other site... but i go to the Vault and it all goes to heck...

Not only does it take 10 years to load any page, but then when it finally does load, anything I TRY to Download does this:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

-----------------------------------------------

When i diagnose it tells me I have no PC / connectivity issues and it must be the website...

Do i just have a bad luck issue with the Vault or is it being snarky for anyone else as well?

#4 berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8591 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

Try checking your browser security settings. Since the Vault does offer mods for download, it is erroneously flagged as a hazard by some ISPs.

Yes, I know this is ridiculous. But it won't hurt.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#5 SimiParthenopaeus

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the idea, it worked, although I'm not sure what changed on the site between lastnight and the last time I went to the vault since I havevent done anything to my security settings ^_^

Ah well, I can DL again, thats whats important!

#6 Domi

• Gibberlings
  • 12293 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:54 AM

Another update:

Another attempt at fixing the scripts and dialogues: I have uploaded 2 fixes on the Vault: one for dialogues (Veedle, some small corrections) and one - for the scripts (Marcus, SIx Sisters, etc). If you chose to use those, I would like to hear back if it fixes any problems. I am particulary worried about the LT5 (after the Trial). Please, let me know immediately if it causes the cutscene to 'never end'. I like this talk, but it could be that I will have to let it go or 'push' it into the Player-initiated dialogues.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users