FAQs for L1NPCs

6 replies to this topic

#1 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Miloch's edit: The latest and greatest FAQ for Level 1 NPCs is here. Please use this thread for asking new questions or commenting on the existing FAQ. To report a possible bug or suggest new functionality, please start a new thread.

For requesting addition of a new NPC, you can use this thread. Code is not necessary, but include the following data:

• NPC name
  • NPC .cre files (separated by game, such as SoA, ToB)
  • NPC .itm files (for any special items only the NPC can use)
  • Any proficiencies required for those items (if any are weapons)
  • NPC starting .dlg file containing the first JoinParty() action
  • Any other .dlg files containing JoinParty() actions (rejoining)
  • NPC's scripting name (death variable)
  • Any special innate .spl abilities the NPC should retain regardless of class/kit change
Make sure this is a released NPC and the author has granted permission if necessary (some mods are essentially in the public domain and variants of BioWare NPCs tend to get added by default to avoid confusion, such as "I made Eldoth a barbarian with this mod but he didn't change!").

Edited by Miloch, 31 March 2011 - 09:27 AM.

#2 jcompton

jcompton

Lord Bigenvy

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

J. Compton will probably allow PPG NPCs to be included if we all buy stock in Broken Hourglass, so it's possible some will show up later :)

This is pretty funny, although not as funny as my credit in the later version.
"[I]t's a testament to the determined RPG fraternity that a number of Baldur's Gate II mods have been successfully produced. The best can be found at pocketplane.net." PC Gamer UK

#3 Tieflingz

Tieflingz
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

Eh, don't know where to ask so decided to just ask here

Is it possible to make the NPCs dual classed with Lvl1 NPCs? As I selected Yoshimo to be Fighter/Bounty Hunter, he became multi-class, any options to Dual Class the human races?

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Members
  • 3680 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

any options to Dual Class the human races?

Well, you can certainly try, but you'll have to try quite hard and use a save to do so. As the character will join you, they'll get the experience added step at a time, you can try to pause when you have enough XP for the first level to advance to the point you wish to dual the char, dual him with the pause on, and then just wait for the rest of the XP to flood in. Of course you can't dual into a Kit etc.

PS, as this is FAQ, when is the next release coming? :thumbsup:
Yes... I am probably still editing the post above.
FAQ for the Megamods. Frequently Answered Questions.

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:10 AM

...as this is FAQ, when is the next release coming? :thumbsup:

That certainly is a FAQ!

And the Frequently-Given-Answer is... 'When it's ready'.

#6 Zireael07

Zireael07
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:32 AM

What about mod NPCs? Did any appear?
And what should I (or shouldn't I) do if I want my mod to be compatible with Level1NPCs?

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4715 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

I should (and did) edit the original post because the updated FAQ is actually here on the mod's project page. Mod NPCs were added a few releases ago - scroll down to "Q: What about NPCs added by mods?" to see the list. Also, see the original post for what to do to add an NPC.
Mod Contributions
Aurora (new release!) * BG1 NPC * Gnomes * Haiass * Level 1 NPCs * Lost Items * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * In Progress: Adjusted Portraits * DSotSC (Tutu)
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * PSPad Highlighters * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Wherefore do ye toil; is it not that ye may live and be happy? And if ye toil only that ye may toil more,
when shall happiness find you?" -H.P. Lovecraft, The Quest of Iranon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users