Deathbringer Assault?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Leonidas_*

Guest_Leonidas_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

I know this question was asked several posts down, but the person who asked it did not keep the mod installed long enough to get an answer.

What is the deathbringer assault and how can I get it for Sarevok now that he is 15th level?

#2 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 4950 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

He posses Deathbringer Assault right as you pick him and it gives him a 3% chance on every melee hit to inflict 200 additional slashing damage. :)

#3 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Thanks Demivrgvs for this info! Yet, "3% chance on every melee hit to inflict 200 additional slashing damage" should be updated in English setup.tra file.

If you wanna make enemies try to change something...

BiG World Setup

Download | Changelog | Twitter

Infinity Engine Game Launcher - tool for fixing *.ini files and registry entries for Infinity Engine games like BG, BG II, IWD, IWD II and Planescape:Torment

#4 Sergio

Sergio
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

I wonder if this kit is worth it. Can you dual class? :D
Would I sac kensai +x to dmg and +x to ac for a chance of 3% to do 200 dmg? mmmm

#5 kreso

kreso
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

Would I sac kensai +x to dmg and +x to ac for a chance of 3% to do 200 dmg? mmmm

I don't know about if you can dual, but Deathbringer assault also has a 10% chance to stun for 2 rounds (save vs spell at -4).

#6 InKal

InKal
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

you can dual Sarevok to mage or thief. imo it doesn't make any sense but you can do that (with the party he will regain his fighter class probably after the final battle lol, for solo play you don't need him)

he's pure fighter. doesn't have a special kit, only one special ability. he's pretty useful actually - Silver Sword + GWW nuff said, insta gib for everything not outright immune to vorpals

#7 Sergio

Sergio
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

I don't know about if you can dual, but Deathbringer assault also has a 10% chance to stun for 2 rounds (save vs spell at -4).

Interesting, thank you! Would you take this class over the kensai? I saw you are kinda power-player :p

you can dual Sarevok to mage or thief. imo it doesn't make any sense but you can do that (with the party he will regain his fighter class probably after the final battle lol, for solo play you don't need him)

he's pure fighter. doesn't have a special kit, only one special ability. he's pretty useful actually - Silver Sword + GWW nuff said, insta gib for everything not outright immune to vorpals

good to know. but with this mod it gets a kit to justify the deathbringer assault. That's what I was asking - if the kit he gets can be dual-classed. I will have to check.

Edited by Sergio, 18 July 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#8 kreso

kreso
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Interesting, thank you! Would you take this class over the kensai? I saw you are kinda power-player :p

I'm not, really. I don't know if I'd pick this Deathbringer kit over a kensai, probably yes. Note that you can't choose to play this kit, it's exclusive for Sarevok.

#9 InKal

InKal
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

deathbringer is not a kit. it is something like a brand in order to differentiate him from a fighter due to his deathbringer assault (ability not a kit) which "normal" fighter dont have. but Sarevok is in fact a fighter, fighter kit. Thats why you actually CAN dual him.

Take Korgan for example. hes branded a battlerager, right? but he is a zerk. wow!

Minsc is a hamsterrager, Yoshimo is a sneaky bastard and Viccy is a nice piece of ass...

#10 kreso

kreso
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

deathbringer is not a kit. it is something like a brand in order to differentiate him from a fighter due to his deathbringer assault (ability not a kit) which "normal" fighter dont have. but Sarevok is in fact a fighter, fighter kit. Thats why you actually CAN dual him.

Actually, NPC Kitpack does give him a "Deathbringer" kit. Iirc, he also becomes immune to fear and suffers Charisma penalties or similar.

#11 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberlings
  • 1718 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Also, having a kit does not preclude you from dual-classing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users